Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day!!




Well, thanks to the first snow storm to hit Tennessee in 5 or 6 years, I had a lot of time today to sew!! A friend of mine asked me to make some clothes for her little girl, and I finished a cute reversible dress for her today. Take a look at the applique on the pocket. This is a great way to use up some of that stash of cute little scraps!! I love the way this little bird came out - he's just valentine-y enough with his heart-shaped wings, and of course, he's called "tweetheart"!

I also started some appliqued t-shirts for the same little girl, once again for Valentine's day - these aren't finished yet, but they will be ladybugs with heart-shaped spots. Once again, cleaning out the stash of cute little scraps!


Next will be a St. Patrick's day-themed shirt and an Easter shirt. I also want to make a shirt for my granddaughter, Lilli - when you tell her you love her, she answers, "I you too too!" So I'm envisioning an eye, a sheep (ewe), and a tutu on the front of a shirt. A little corny, but a good way to memorialize a funny way to say "I love you too"!

I'm still working on finishing up those quilts for Quilts for Kids - five are finished, only three more to quilt and then I'll be taking a picture to post on here with all the ladies who worked on them!

So it's been a busy but fun day, thanks to the fact that we get snow so seldom in middle Tennessee that they don't plow the roads - which makes it safer to stay indoors and sew! Stay warm!! Later!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!