Sunday, January 17, 2010


Wow! It's been a busy weekend! I spent most of the day Friday getting my house ready for our once-a-month Saturday sewing group - no small task since we went out of town right after Christmas and I still had decorations to put away! But I did dig into my fabric stash and used up some pieces to cut additional kits for the quilts we made on Saturday. Eight kits awaited the ladies who were coming to work on them.

Saturday morning dawned relatively warm, sunny and no rain (I say relatively because it's been so cold here that anything over freezing seems like a heat wave!) and the ladies started arriving around eight. After digging into some scones and hot cider, we started working on the quilt kits. It's a simple pattern, alternating whole-piece squares with four-patch squares.Two roomfuls of ladies stayed hard at work on quilts that will be donated to quiltsforkids.org, which will then donate them to children's hospitals or battered women's shelters. We had a great time and ended up with eight quilt tops that will be quilted and sent off soon. Here's some of the finished tops:




Many of these ladies had never pieced a quilt top before and were a little hesitant about their ability to do so - but they all did a great job, especially those first-timers!! I hope they feel confident enough now to try one on their own - because as much sewing as we've been doing as a group, they're getting their own fabric stashes, I'm sure!! Next month we're going to do some projects out of a new book, "One-Yard Wonders". It should be interesting to see which of the projects they choose to do!

Later!! Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!