Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Toddlerless Tuesday #8! School is back in session!!

Hi, all!

Fall break is over, my friend (and Lilli's preschool teacher) Cassie is back from Hawaii with a tan (I'm so jealous!) and it's time for me to get back to work on Toddlerless Tuesdays!


Today I had a quilt to work on, as a person on our quilt ministry to-do list took a turn for the worse and ended up in the hospital.  Fortunately, I started piecing a quilt on Sunday with a couple of charm packs (Moda's May Pole) that I won last week from Hollyhock Quilts, so I had something in the works.  Yesterday I finished piecing the blocks (a really easy disappearing nine-patch variation I found on the Moda Bake Shop) and put together the flimsy before supper last night.  This morning I pieced most of the back before I took Lilli to school, then came back and finished the back, put the quilt sandwich together and started in on the quilting.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the quilting finished, but that would have been a miracle in itself!   So I should be able to get this one done by the end of Thursday's toddlerless time and have it in the hands of the recipient by the weekend.

In addition to the sewing/quilting, I delivered a quilt, stopped by the post office to mail off Sue's blocks for Bee Splendid,



dropped off some books for a friend, and picked up my hubby's dry cleaning!  Not to mention playing with playdo, cutting out hearts, getting a hand-cream massage from my granddaughter, and opening up the most fabulous packet of scraps that I won last week from Sarah at My Spare Time.  Can you believe how great these "scraps" are??


So it's been a busy day, and promises to be a busy week, but it's all good - I'm having fun!

How's your week going?

Later!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have chosen...bright happy colours. I was just looking at the disappearing nine patch on the Moda website a couple of days ago. Thought it looked like a fun quilt to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee blocks are very cute! I've never tried the disappearing nine patch, but it looks fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just in awe of all you get done Sarah! Sorry to hear your friend took a turn for the worse. Hope she's on the mend soon. That new quilt is lovely. Such great colors.

    Cute Bee blocks.

    And yes, those are beautiful scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!