Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Toddlerless Tuesday #11! Rainy Days and Tuesdays....

Hi, all!

Woke up this morning to the thunder of rain on the tin roof - it's a lovely sound!  Not my favorite thing to drive in, but once all the running around was done, it was wonderful to hole up in the house and sew!

So what did I manage to do in my toddler-free hours?  Well, I machine-sewed the binding on one of the memory quilts (I finished one last night! This is number two!) and I sewed up my bee blocks for Audrey...


I love the colors in these blocks - just enough aqua to be interesting, but not overwhelming!

I also got to talk to John'aLee from The Scrappy Appleyard - she has moved from Utah to my neck of the woods!  We had a really nice conversation, and are planning to meet up after Thanksgiving sometime.  There's so much she needs to know about this area - like, if snow is even mentioned in the evening weather report, you need to get to the Kroger right away and get bread and milk before it's all gone!  I'm excited to get to know her - she quilts differently than I do - and I can't wait to see what I can learn from her!!

So it's been a good day - I hope yours was as well!

Later!

Sarah

By the way - Beth over at Love Laugh Quilt is hosting an interesting challenge/giveaway - she wants to get quilting bloggers to join in creating one or several "quilty neighborhood" quilts.  Jump over and check out her blog entry - or tune back in here tomorrow night and I'll let you know more about it!

Be sure to check out the birthday giveaway at Green Fairy Quilts - an Origins Fat Quarter Bundle!  

8 comments:

  1. oooh! You're going to have a blog friend close by! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white, red, and aqua is a lovely color scheme.

    Cool that you're going to meet John'aLee. We've been corresponding since we both went through a major move at the same time. Nice that she'll have you to introduce her to the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute title, and great job on your blocks! You're inspiring me to get started on mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the blocks turned out - my plan is to do mine at camp..... keep your fingers crossed that I get to go. Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting a lot done on your list for this week! I love how those blocks turned out :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the bee blocks look great! I'll do mine this weekend! Love to quilt when its raining outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks! I love to hear rain on a tin roof!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a sucker for red...love both those blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!