Well, it's grey day here in Tennessee, but look what was peeking out at me this morning....(the gnome is being VERY anti-social, what can I say, I wouldn't let him go see Gnomeo and Juliet this weekend...) but at least it's a sign of spring coming! Here's another sign, too...
This is what happened when I tried to take a picture outside today, shortly before the quilt blew off the clothesline altogether! So some of my pics today had to be taken indoors....
Let's take a look at progress (hah!) on last week's list...
1. Finish piecing the commission quilt.
2. Quilt the commission quilt.
Done! This is finished, delivered, gifted and well-loved!! You've put up with teasers for so long, here are some pictures of the finished quilt...
(taken on Saturday, before the wind!)
I'm so happy with the way this quilt came out - and in case you missed the shout-out earlier, it was inspired by this quilt made by Ashley over at Film In The Fridge.
3. Quilt the red and white ministry quilt.
Not done - the memory quilt took longer than planned!
4. Quilt another ministry quilt.
Also not done - for the same reason!
5. Finish hand stitching the binding on some of Saturday's mug rugs.
I've done some of these, but not all - so partially done, I guess!
In my defense, though, I did bind this quilt for the quilt ministry, which was pieced and quilted by my friend Marsha. Isn't it pretty?
OK, time to regroup..... here's the list for this week!
1. Make a secret gift for someone who shall remain nameless...
(because she may be reading my blog!)
2. Quilt a man's quilt with straight line quilting before I move my Juki back to the quilting frame.
3. Put the red and white ministry quilt on the frame and quilt it!
4. Pull fabrics for two children's quilts for the ministry.
I think that's going to be it for this week, because I've got some other things to do that I can't write about here.... and they might keep me from getting to much more than this!
And a quick reminder - if you haven't already entered, be sure to check out my Surfin' Sunday post, featuring Rebecca Johnson from Chasing Cottons. Rebecca has offered up a giveaway, and there will be two winners! You still have time - the winners will be drawn next Saturday, February 26th.
So now, the only question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?