Monday, May 23, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #48! Finally Some Sunshine...

Hi, all!


Well, after a night of storms and some rain and clouds this morning, the sun is finally shining!  Hopefully it will keep it up long enough for me to get a picture of one of the quilts I've nearly finished this weekend...


I didn't do so well on last week's list....



1.  Finish piecing the ministry quilt "Hawaii".
2.  Quilt "Hawaii".
Done!  I did get this one done, and my husband has taken it to let some more people sign it.  It will be delivered this week.  Oh - and I changed the name - it is now Maluhia, which means peaceful or tranquil in Hawaiian.  (If you want to read more about this quilt, check out last Friday's blogpost.)

  

3.  Applique flowers on the front of the first H2H quilt.
Well, they're cut out and bonded to a piece of fleece, but I haven't stitched them yet, or appliqued them to the front of the quilt.  Hopefully today!

4.  Piece a back for the first H2H quilt.
5.  Quilt first H2H quilt.
Nope!  Total fail on these two....


6.  Quilt this top that was donated to the ministry by the amazing Staci!
Done!  This is the quilt that I need to take pics of in the sunshine, 
as soon as I finish handstitching the binding.  
Hopefully I'll have some pics tomorrow for the blog. (This is Staci's pic...)



6.  Straighten up the studio!
Complete, total, abysmal failure.....  the studio looks like a bomb hit it!


I told you I didn't do well on last week's list!  But I did get my house cleaned up on Friday for bunco Friday night and my sewing sisters on Saturday morning, so it wasn't a total wash.  I hate housework......  ;-)

So - - - for this week - - - 

1.  Finish and deliver the new ministry quilt.

2.  Applique the flowers on the front of the first H2H quilt.

3.  Piece a back for the first H2H quilt.

4.  Quilt the first H2H quilt.

5.  Piece the top for the second H2H quilt.

- - - and I'm going to stop there, in hopes that I can do better this week than last!

So - what are you working on this week?

Later!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I love your outside photo shoots in the sun - they just make a quilt shine! I am playing with my scraps making spiral log cabin blocks - also breaking down into pre-cuts while at it so there is some organization. Want to get this bin empty to be ready for new donated scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty job Sarah! I am shooting for starting that quilting on my brother's quilt AGAIN. I have two Pay It Forwards done and 1 to go so that is a YEAY!!! lol! Enjoy your week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Don't worry about not completing everything on your list. Sometimes life just gets in the way of the best plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering what you usually get done, I'd say you were entitled to a "slack" week!
    I have to give my house a good cleaning this week. I hate housework, too.. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed you get anything at all done with a 3 year old grandchild in the house! Housework is such a drag, but it feels really good when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be gentle on yourself. No one gets a lot done their first week after a holiday. That "relaxing thing" takes a while to turn off. You get lots done most weeks and will again probably in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get more done than me and I have no 3 yr old running around! Beautiful quilt! All your quilts are lovely. You do awesome work! I did do house work. Now to sew up some bags/purses for a Zavie Family Auction and a beach bag gift that needs to be done by Friday!!
    Thanks for all you do for others!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!