Monday's here again, and I was thinking I didn't get so much done on last week's list - then I ended up putting a quilt on the frame this afternoon and voila! A good result!! So let's take a look at last week's list....
1. Make a "blues" quilt for a man with cancer.
Done! This one will be delivered tomorrow...
2. Make a bright quilt for a 12-year old with a rare disease.
Done! Also to be delivered tomorrow...
3. Quilt a top for a 16-year old with ovarian cancer.
Done! This quilt is s-o-o-o-o soft...
And look at that backing - a great old piece of vintage
(36" wide) fabric - soft as butter!
4. Quilt a top for a woman with cancer.
Almost done - quilted, and I'll bind it tomorrow morning
5. Quilt a top for a man with throat cancer.
I didn't have time to get to this one this week -
but I hope to put it on the frame tomorrow.
One of my sewing sisters made a back for it
on Saturday so it's ready to go!
And I'd like you to meet some of my sewing sisters!!
Robin, cutting scraps, and Joyce, making a back...
Ann, ironing scraps...
...and Pam, Lori, Katy, Margaret, and Debora
working on various projects!!
So that's what I managed to get accomplished last week. Much better than I thought I had done!! And here's what's on the list for this week...
1. Quilt the quilt for the man with throat cancer.
2. Pull tops for three men's quilts, border if needed, and
prepare backs for them.
3. Pull a top for a woman's quilt, border if needed, and
prepare back for it.
4. Quilt a top for a woman recently widowed.
I'd love to get all these tops quilted this week but I'm not holding my breath. If I get two of them quilted and the other four ready to quilt, I'll be a happy camper!!
One other thing I wanted to share with you - today I saw a church sign that really made me think. It said...
Imagine what it would be like
if you woke up tomorrow
and all you had
was what you thanked God for today.
What a wake-up call! Really makes you think about cultivating an "attitude of gratitude", doesn't it? Well, here's three things I'm really thankful for - this really makes me smile... Push the play button and see if it doesn't make you smile too!!
So now - - - what are you working on this week?