Monday again, and another week closer to Christmas! Ack!! I'm still working hard on that gift list, but ministry quilts are being requested and that's keeping me busy too.... So let's see how I did on last week's list...
1. Bind the three ministry quilts that are ready to go.
Done! These have been delivered to their new owners - a woman battling colon cancer, a young boy facing open heart surgery, and an older woman with recurring brain cancer.
2. Finish assembling the modern grey and yellow quilt top.
3. Start sewing the southwestern quilt together.
I started this one last night - but no pics yet!
4. Finish putting borders on the ministry quilt top.
5. Make two quilt backs for ministry quilts.
6. Quilt those two ministry quilts.
Done! These have already been delivered to their new homes - a young father who had a leg amputated and a young mom with a diagnosis of cancer.
7. Make a back for Emmy's quilt.
Haven't started this one yet...
8. Put Emmy's stocking together.
...and while I've blocked the cross-stitch piece and picked out the backing, I haven't had a chance to put this together yet!
It's been a busy week with ministry quilts - the five above, plus we delivered another one this morning and I have four more on the list! So here's what I've got to do this week -
1. Quilt and bind the four ministry quilt needs.
2. Quilt the modern grey quilt.
3. Sew together the southwestern quilt.
4. Sew Emmy's stocking together.
5. Start working on a super-secret Christmas gift.
6. Decorate the house for Christmas!
I don't know about you all, but here at my house we don't start decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving dinner is cleaned up. Makes for some fast decorating, but that's ok! It's kind of nice to have a clear break between the two holidays.
That list should keep me busy, even over the holiday weekend - it will be good to have a couple of extra days to quilt! Maybe I can knock a few more projects off my list.....
Oh - - - a quick reminder - there's still time to enter into the fun of my 500th post giveaway! Hop over HERE and leave me a comment to be entered to win a great little Ott Light!
So now, the question is - - - what are you working on this week?