Here it is Monday again, and less than two weeks away from the craft show I'll be participating in at the end of the month - - - EEK!! All of a sudden my head is swimming with all those little details - bags, price tags, display items - so much to think about!! But at least I'm thinking about it now, and not a week and a half from now....
But for now, let's see what got finished on last week's list...
1. Make a ministry quilt for an autistic 8 year old boy recently diagnosed with leukemia.
Done! Rita made this cute top using a flannel print with lots of forest creatures on it...
...and I paired it with a great camping print and a forest print for the back!
2. Make a quilt for a woman who just lost her husband and adult son very unexpectedly.
Done! I named this quilt "Remember The Love" because that phrase kept going through my head as I quilted it. The quilting is loopy hearts all over...
3. Make a quilt for a young man who was in a serious mountain bike accident and sustained major injuries to his face and eye.
Done! His mom said he loves blue so I think this quilt will fit the bill! Isn't it amazing what you can do with a pile of random 2.5" strips?
4. Deconstruct the t-shirts for the commission quilt.
Done! And not only deconstructed, but put together and quilted! I need to give it the once-over to make sure there aren't any threads, etc., but then it's ready to be delivered! Woohoo!! I'll have pictures soon...
5. Mail my father-in-law's quilt.
Done! He has received it and says he's looking forward to putting it on the bed when he moves into his new apartment next week!
6. Make some more of these cute little elephants.
Done! Here's two new ones....
7. Make some more aprons for the craft show.
Didn't get to this one, but maybe this week...
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! Which is why I didn't get to the extra aprons. I had to work on ministry quilts today!
My husband and I had a great day Friday on his day off - we made it out on the lake in the morning, then went to a movie and did some shopping in the afternoon and evening. Then we babysat for our granddaughters on Saturday afternoon and had supper with them afterwards. Sunday afternoon we set up the craft show space frame my husband put together for me - it's going to be perfect! Now I've just got to get all the sale items pulled together....
So here's what I need to work on this week...
1. Finish a quilt for a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.
2. Finish a quilt for another woman with breast cancer.
3. Finish a quilt for a man with lymphoma.
4. Make more aprons and elephants for the craft show.
5. Make a test block for a competition.
6. Fine tune and deliver the commission quilt.
7. Do a test run on the craft show space to decide how to display all the sale items.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Hopefully this will be a productive week without too many bumps in the road!
So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?