I really hope all of you are staying warm on these ridiculously cold days - we actually made it up into double digits today, but the wind chill was about fifteen degrees below zero most of the day. Now I know for some of you that sounds balmy today, but it's the coldest weather we've had here in Middle Tennessee in twenty years! My poor heating units have been running non-stop all day… But it's great weather for sewing, isn't it?
Last week's list was really short, because I was on vacation. Here's how it went…
1. Finish up the last quilt top I brought with me.
Done! I like this one, and I'm hoping to get it quilted in the next week or two…
2. Ring in the new year with my DH, and celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary at the same time!
Done! Although, like a couple of old fogies, we went to bed before midnight… We had a great anniversary trip!
3. Make up a list of goals for 2014.
Done! You can read my list of goals here. Lots of folks linked up with their lists, too - it's inspiring to see what each of them are hoping to accomplish in 2014, too! There's still a couple of days if you want to join in the linky and share your goals, too.
It was an easy week, but it's time to get back into the normal swing of things now! So let's see what's on tap for this week…
1. Sort out the scraps that have accumulated over the past few months into the color tubs (Lilli and I will be doing this tomorrow afternoon - a great "snow day" activity!)
2. Finish the table runner I started last week.
3. Work on revamping the studio a bit.
4. Make a new cover for my ironing board. (Isn't this pitiful?)
4. Meet with the quilt ministry ladies to discuss new cataloguing techniques and set dates for three technique classes for the quilt ministry.
5. Write an estimate for a commission t-shirt quilt job.
6. Prep a new blogsite to focus on ministry quilt stories.
7. Put one of last week's quilts on the frame and quilt it.
8. Begin writing a book about the ministry!
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs as they arise.
I'm really excited about goal #8 - I put it on my 2014 goals list as the "unattainable goal" but Juliana Ellington posted a comment on my post with a great idea! Post a chapter periodically on this blog, and by the end of the year I should have at least a good start made on that goal. So I think I'm going to give that a try. I'm still trying to figure out when and how to post that on here but I plan to have an outline for the book posted sometime this week!
*** By the way, Juliana, I'd love to talk to you about setting up a blog but you are a no-reply blogger and I have no way to reach you! You can email me directly at salliesue (at) clearwire (dot) net if you still want to talk about it…
I'm so excited about all the possibilities of a new year! Are you?
And just because this post is woefully short on pictures, here's a shot of my two princesses today in the "crowns" that my sister made for them for Christmas…
And now the real question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?