Wow! 2014 has really gotten off to a bang for me - how about you? I feel like I've really made some progress on both my weekly list and on my goals for 2014 - and that's a good thing!!
Let's see how last week's list went…
1. Sort out the scraps that have accumulated over the past few months into the color tubs (Lilli and I will be doing this tomorrow afternoon - a great "snow day" activity!)
Done! We had a great time and now my scraps look like this:
Isn't that wonderful?
2. Finish the table runner I started last week.
Done! I'm so pleased with this, and I was also very happy to have something to replace my pretty Christmas runner!
3. Work on revamping the studio a bit.
Well, I've put away the scraps, tried my ironing board out in another spot (didn't like it there!) and put away all the new goodies that DH got me for Christmas. That's all for now!
4. Make a new cover for my ironing board.
Done! This is so much better…
4. Meet with the quilt ministry ladies to discuss new cataloguing techniques and set dates for three technique classes for the quilt ministry.
Done! We decided to have the three technique classes on extra meeting days, so we'll be scheduling those over the next year. We also started using the new cataloguing system this week. You can see what we came up with here! (This is one of my 2014 goals.)
5. Write an estimate for a commission t-shirt quilt job.
Done! That's a bit of work, but totally worth it to have everything set out in writing. Still waiting for the go-ahead to do the job...
6. Prep a new blogsite to focus on ministry quilt stories.
Done! Hop over and check out the new blog - it's called Piece*Love*Quilt! I'll be using the new blog to feature more in-depth stories about the quilts and the ministry. I hope you'll follow that blog, too! (A 2014 goal.)
7. Put one of last week's quilts on the frame and quilt it.
I did not do this one, replacing it instead with piecing a ministry quilt for a current need. That quilt top is about halfway done.
8. Begin writing a book about the ministry!
Begun!! I started a new regular weekly post for this blog called "Working Wednesdays" which I'll use to post about progress I've made on the book. I'm hoping for lots of feedback and constructive criticism, so I'm hoping you'll all help me out! You can see the first WW post here! (A 2014 goal.)
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs as they arise.
Done! I sandwiched, quilted and bound a baby quilt today, and put the binding on another. I also worked on piecing a quilt top for a ministry need.
So last week's list went very well. I've been taking advantage of one of my DH's Christmas presents, a subscription to Audible, to listen to some books while I've been working. It's a nice change, and fortunately we like the same kinds of books!
And here's what I'm going to be working on this week…
1. Finish piecing the ministry top I'm working on.
2. Quilt and bind that top.
3. Write two posts for the Piece*Love*Quilt blog.
4. Write something for the book and prepare a blogpost for Wednesday.
5. Piece together some orphan house blocks into a quilt top for the ministry.
6. Quilt at least two other quilts for the ministry.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
So that's what I'll be working on this week, in between spending time with Lilli and Emmy. A busy week ahead!
And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?