Monday, November 24, 2014

Make-A-List Monday - 31 Days and Counting!


Hi, all!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  at least around here!  The radio is starting to play Christmas carols. I worked in my studio to the accompaniment of Elf and How The Grinch Stole Christmas today.  And I'm finishing up Christmas presents for other so I can start on my own!  I guess that means it's time for


Here's how last week's list went...


1.  Finish the cutter quilt stockings.
Done!  You can see them at the top of this post. And if they look familiar, here are there companions from last year!


2.  Custom quilt a top for a friend.
Done!  But I can't show pictures because it's a Christmas present...

3.  Work on the girls' quilts for Christmas.
In progress!  Here's a stack of pinwheels I worked on today.


4.  Finish Nathanael's stocking.
I didn't get to this, unfortunately.  I came down with a case of the crud yesterday instead, and it's slowing me down!

5.  Start straightening up the house for the holiday season!
I did do a little bit of this - and plan to do more this week!

6.  If time permits (I don't think it will this week) quilt two jelly roll quilts for The Bridge Mission homeless kids.
Lack of time and the crud meant this one didn't get done.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
We gave away a few more quilts this week…


This quilt went to a lady starting radiation therapy for brain cancer...


This comfort quilt went to a lady dealing with her father's unexpected death...


And this one went to a woman with cirrhosis of the liver.


These six jelly-roll quilts went to homeless children through The Bridge Mission in Nashville, TN.

For those of you following along, we gave away our 300th quilt for the year and our 972nd all time quilt.  Getting close!!

And now it's time to figure out what to work on this week.  So here's the list of what I hope to get to…

1.  Work on the girls' quilts for Christmas.

2.  Finish Nathanael's stocking.

3.  Hang a new light fixture in the kitchen.

4.  Clean up the house before doing the Christmas decorating!

5.  Quilt a couple of jelly-roll quilts for The Bridge Mission.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.

It seems like kind of a skinny list this week, but with Thanksgiving and all the attendant cooking and eating, I think I'll end up losing some time this week! 

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - Need a great Christmas present for a special someone?  Check out this post to see if you can find just the right gift - and help #bringNathanaelhome, too!  Last day to order for Christmas delivery is December 8th, 2014.

3 comments:

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!