Monday! I'm always excited to see it come because I love to see how I've done on my list from the previous week. Much better than having to go to work after the weekend....
Hot weather always gives me lots of time to play upstairs in the studio - we have been experiencing some really hot days here! But that's great for my sewing time. So let's see how it went....
1. Put the binding on the checkerboard quilt.
Done!! I'll be blogging about this quilt on Friday.
2. Continue working on the retirement quilt.
Done! I made 50 more blocks this week, and we'll start getting them signed this week.
3. Continue working on the wedding dress quilt commission job.
Done! The dress is finally deconstructed, and I'm ready to start designing my projects.
4. Start cutting out my vacation quilt.
Done! As of this afternoon, the blocks are all cut out and individually packaged in little zip loc bags with all their parts. 156 of them - whew!!
The fabrics are Kate Spain's Horizon and a Kona Sunset bundle, along with Kona white for the background. I'm using V and Co.'s Endless Summer pattern, but I've enlarged it to make a king-size quilt for our bed.
5. Quilt two quilts for the ministry.
I didn't quilt any quilts, because Rita has us well stocked in finished quilts, but I did cut up a huge pile of scraps into usable sizes (10" squares, 5" squares, 4.5"x 2.5" rectangles, and 2.5"x 1.5" rectangles). I felt so virtuous when I got that done!
6. Make another patchwork basket.
Done! I created this pieced basket, and blogged about how I changed the pattern here.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done! It was a quiet week, but we did give away a few...
This quilt is going to a two year old boy in Alaska just diagnosed with cancer. It's being held by Callie, our youngest quilt ministry member. She designed and assembled this quilt top on her own!
And this beautiful quilt went to a woman whose breast cancer, which had been in remission, has returned. She's a young mom and we thought this quilt would bring her joy and comfort!
OK, so last week's list is in the books, and well-completed! Let's see what's on tap for this week...
1. Make another 1-hour basket for a baby shower gift.
2. Make a blankie to go in that basket!
3. Come up with a final design for the wedding dress quilt.
4. Cut more scraps - mine or the ministry's.
5. Make more blocks for the retirement quilt.
6. Work on Nathanael's Christmas stocking.
7. Make the HSTs for my vacation quilt.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
So that's my list for the week. Seems like a skinny week, so maybe other fun things will appear on my horizon! I get to have a "grandgirls" day on Thursday, while Nathanael is having his first physical therapy session - Lilli in the morning during the littles' speech therapy, then both girls in the afternoon. That should be a lot of fun!
And Sunday, we had a fabulous Father's Day - my daughter was able to come to church with us and bring all the kids (my poor son-in-law had to work!) I got this great pic of all of the kids and grandkids with Papa...
...but this is what it's really like to try to take a picture with three kids at the same time!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?