Monday, July 27, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Not Enough Hours In The Day!

Hi, all!

Where did last week go?  Between babysitting, helping my daughter pack and clean her house before moving, and working on quilt-y projects, the week has just flown by!  So let's see how much of last week's list I actually managed to get done...

1.  Piece the wedding quilt top.
Finished!!!  I am so happy to say that this is completed!!  More pictures to come on Friday....


2.  Do the hand stitching on the wedding quilt pillow.
Not only did I do the hand stitching, but I finished it!  Also, more pics to come on Friday...


3. Work on editing the photos for the commission memory quilt.
Started!  I'll be cropping them to square and adjusting the color to sepia tone.  

4.  Write a book review for the What's on the Bookshelf Wednesday post.
Done!  If you missed it, I reviewed Amanda Jean Nyberg's Sunday Morning Quilts - definitely worth looking at if you've never seen it before!  Click here to read the review...

5.  Work on Nathanael's stocking. Just for fun, here's a shot of how much stitching is done so far - something to gauge next week's progress against!


And here's what I did on the stocking last week - not much, but any progress is good!



6.  Finish setting up the BlockRockIt!
Done!  And it's not only set up, we've been playing with it already! Here's a video of the first run.  And we've named her Grace - because Grace covers a multitude of sins!!


7.  Work on the plans for a September quilt show.
Not so good on this one - I've got a lot of info in my head, but none on paper (or iPhone list) yet.  



8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week - 

This quilt went to a woman whose mother was abducted and murdered...


This one went to a young woman who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given a year to live...


This quilt went to an older gentleman who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told he has only a few months left to live...


And this one went to a gentleman who has had a series of debilitating mini-strokes.


So what's on tap for this week?  Lots more than I can possibly get done!!  Here goes the short list...

1.  Make a garter to go with the wedding dress quilt and pillow.

2.  Finish editing the pictures for the commission memory quilt.

3.  Work out a final estimate for another quilt commission.

4.  Make more blocks for the signature quilt.

5.  Start piecing the signature quilt.

6.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.

7.  Make labels for any of the grandkids' quilts that don't have one yet, since they're being stored at my house until the kids move into their new one at Christmas.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

That's more than enough to keep me out of trouble, I think!  And I imagine there are more things that I need to do, I just can't remember them at the moment.  Out of sight, out of mind!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. You really do so well with your lists. Oh my, what you did with the wedding dress projects!! Look forward to seeing more of them. And such wonderful quilts completed to send comfort to those in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new quilt machine setup looks like a lot of fun! Beautiful wedding quilt. I missed what or who this was for. Is it for an upcoming wedding or made from a wedding dress as a kind of memory quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read who your quilts go to, it is very grieving. I can't imagine dealing with the pain of your mother abducted and murdered. In some small way, I pray the quilts give comfort. I make a lot of comfort quilts, but I never know if they help as I most of the times don't know the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Linda. I'll say a prayer that your donated quilts bring comfort to the recipients.

    You may not have finished your list but certainly made great progress. I'm enjoying Nathaniel's stocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such good things. Love the scrappy quilt for the young lady with a brain tumor. Hope all the ministry quilts bring comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job on the wedding dress projects!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!