I think fall has finally arrived in Middle Tennessee, just in time for Thanksgiving! Our weather has been consistently cooler, and getting cold at night, and we actually had frost the other day. I'll be glad to see the ragweed freeze and die, that's for sure! It really helps to get in the mood for the holidays when the weather feels right, though.
OK, now it's time to see how last week's list went...
1. Work on a new Christmas quilt for myself!
Nope! But I did make a Christmas quilt for a friend, and another one that I'm hoping to sell to raise some Christmas spending money. Here's the one for my friend...
...and here's the one I'm selling.
2. Clean the guest room and get it ready for my niece's visit in a couple of weeks.
Done! I'm glad to be able to close that door and keep it nice until Thanksgiving...
3. Clean out the pots and pans cabinet in the kitchen.
Done! This cabinet looks a whole lot better now!
4. Work on the appliqué for Lilli's annual quilt.
In progress. I've made all the appliqués and attached them to the quilt with fusible web, but still need to stitch them down to the top But that's tomorrow's job!
5. Plan the menu for Thanksgiving dinner and prepare a shopping list.
Done! I probably won't shop until Thursday, but at least it's ready to go. I sure hope sixteen people can eat a LOT of food!
6. Clear out the garage enough so we can get a second car in it. Preferably before there's frost on the pumpkin!
Done, just in the knick of time! I surprised my husband with this...
It's not organized yet (that's HIS job), but at least we can both park our cars in it!
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We had several individual needs come up this week...
This quilt went to a couple whose adult son just died unexpectedly...
This quilt went to a woman just diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma...
...and this one went to a young woman who suffered a traumatic head injury and is currently on a ventilator.
We also made seventeen Christmas quilts that will be given to the shut-ins that our church takes dinner to each Wednesday night with their Thanksgiving dinner this year. Here's a glimpse of all seventeen - many of them thanks to donations from Gayle B. and KatieQ! I'm happy to say they will be finding good homes this week!
OK, so last week was pretty productive! I hope this week will go as well - here's the list of things I need to get done...
1. Stitch down the appliqués on Lilli's quilt.
2. Plan the quilting on that quilt.
3. Quilt at least two quilts for the quilt ministry.
4. Work on the fabric origami butterflies for Emmy's quilt.
5. Clean and shine up the wood floors in my house.
6. Shop for and pack up my Operation Christmas Child boxes.
7. Do the Thanksgiving grocery shopping (so my turkey can actually thaw in the refrigerator this year as recommended!)
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?