Sunday, August 28, 2016

I May Have A Scrap Problem - A Bonus Post!

Hi, all!

It was brought to my attention earlier this week that I missed my Wednesday "I May Have A Scrap Problem" post - oops! It's been so busy here, and Tuesday night, by the time I sat down on my sofa to write the post, I just fell asleep!  Then Wednesday I hit the ground running and completely forgot I still needed to do a post.  

But today I was looking through some pics on my phone - actually, Emmy was looking at them... she's fascinated with pics of herself and will go back through months of photos to find herself!  Anyway, I spotted some pics that I had forgotten to share, and as they are right up a scrappy alley, they're perfect for a little bonus "I May Have a Scrap Problem" post!  So grab a cuppa and enjoy!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Back in June, I received an unexpected package in the mail.  I love surprises, and this one was a doozy!  When I opened it, I found this note on the top...


Mina, who blogs over at Kinda Quilty, sent this wonderful note (a definite encouragement to me!) along with some fabulous scrappy quilt tops for the quilt ministry!


Take a look at this wonderful quilt, which would use up lots of tiny scraps!  Here's a detail shot so you can see it better...


Just think of all those tiny bits you can't bear to part with - they could be part of a quilt like this!



And how about this lovely scrappy rainbow?  Now that would make a dent in those tubs of scraps...


Here's a great design if you have lots of strips, or I think you can also do it with 10" squares cross cut into fourths and alternated with white strips!


I think this is such an interesting quilt - I could look at it all day!  There are lots of orphan blocks in there, and such a feel of improv - definitely one-of-a-kind!



And finally, my favorite - a whole city full of scrappy houses!  These are so cheerful in their bright happy saturated colors - it makes me smile every time I see it!

Mina definitely knocked it out of the park with these quilt tops - and now I have so many new ideas for how to use my scraps!  
How about you?

Thanks again, Mina!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This Wednesday is the last Wednesday in August (how in the WORLD did that happen?) so it will be time for another linky party to show off your scrappy progress for the month.  I hope you'll join me - and I promise to remember to write the post this week!  See you then!

Hugs!

Sarah

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful scrappy quilts, lots of good ideas there, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all those little houses - there are tons of ideas out in blog land and pinterest for scrap quilts - we must use them up they are valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME bunch of quilt tops!! I know that I would be pleased to have any of these, so the H2H recipients are sure to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand about falling asleep and then hitting the ground running! Believe me, that first quilt you made for the young lady diagnosed with cancer is her treasured comfort. I know that the one my bee made for me is! I love the little houses quilt! I think I fixed my "no-reply blogger" issue, but just in case I'll email you so you can have my email address! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although all of these quilts are great ideas, the first one really appeals to me. I love the idea of using all of the little scraps that just seem to collect in all corners drawers and table tops.

    The consistent background ties it together so well while still allowing for the randomness of scraps. I think it's a wonderful example of simplistic brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been randomly working on a top similar to that first picture, but on a smaller scale. Great reminder that I should finish that up instead of dawdling with it. Especially since I see more fun ideas in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mina is inspired - by you, and inspires us all. I love her designs. Thanks for sharing them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scrap quilts are awesome! So fresh and happy, someone will love to snuggle with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Thanks Sarah, I hope that you can use them and that they will become a comfort to those who need a quilty hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the bonus "scrap problem" post. I think those houses may become my RSC17 project (I haven't done very well on RSC16). Great job Mina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the bonus "scrap problem" post. I think those houses may become my RSC17 project (I haven't done very well on RSC16). Great job Mina.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog, especially today's scrappy inspirations. Have some tops and backs for charity. Could you use them? Would be happy to send pics to your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mina's surprise for you is so terrific! You must have been over-the-moon excited when you opened her box Sarah! I love all the scrappy quilts she made. Those houses are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, Mina!! What a great batch of tops! I keep meaning to make one of those stripey ones with my 2.5" strips. They always look so clean and nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your scrappy quilt posts are such an inspiration to me. I have been washing, cutting,and organizing my scraps this year. As soon as I finish up a few more quilts with deadlines I am going to start on some scrappy projects.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!