Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem... but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hi, all!

Well, last week's post sharing some scrappy gift ideas was so popular, I thought it might be fun to share some scrappy Christmas decorating ideas this week (plus it makes for a fairly quick post that I can populate with images I found while surfing Pinterest while my hair color processed this morning!)  So let these put you in the Christmas mood, and maybe help you diminish that "stash of shame" - the Christmas fabrics you hide away during the year, that chant "use me, use me" every time you look at the beautiful new fabrics that come out each July.....  ðŸ˜Š

Let's start with some wall hangings!  Simple to make, small in size, these are the perfect accessory to take a room from everyday to "Christmas cheery"!


Consider making a mini the same size as a picture on the wall - that way you can hang it right on top of the picture frame and undecorating is a breeze after Christmas!


I love the circles that make up the tree in this - and if you have a GO! Cutter and the circle die, it makes this one super simple!


Don't have a die cutter?  Then how about these ornaments made with snowball blocks?  


Remember the "Stack-o-Gifts" you could once order for Christmas gifts?  That's what this mini reminds me of.  I bet you could make this one up in an afternoon!

Now personally, I think everyone should have a Christmas quilt to put out at this time of year.  It instantly transforms a room with warmth and begs to be snuggled with!  Here are some great options that look simple and like they would be great scrap busters!



Aren't these Christmas trees adorable?  And so modern...


Got lots of strips?  This would be an awesome way to whip up a quick little Christmas tree quilt!


This one is a bit more complicated, but isn't it gorgeous?


I've always loved this quilt, and plan to make one of my own some day!  Those blue accents just sparkle...


And speaking of sparkle, I know this quilt isn't shown in Christmas fabrics - but wouldn't it look great made up in them?  Maybe even use a silver or silver on white for the stars.  I've made this quilt before and it is so simple and fun - simple 9-patch blocks!


And just to round out the theme, here's some cute little Christmas tree ornaments...


And some great towels for the kitchen or bathroom!

Feeling inspired yet?

Go whip those scraps into submission!!

Hugs!

Sarah

Once again, you can find the original links for all these pictures and more on my Pinterest board, Oh Scrap!

17 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely ideas, but the strippy trees are my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look wonderful! I love the scrappy look of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I no longer put up a tree, perhaps I do need to make a tree quilt --I think the "stack o' packages" for the base and circles for the tree might work out to be just grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gene, I think you hit upon something. I have a sideboard that would look cute with a tree wall hanging and them put gifts for unexpected guests on the sideboard. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  4. way ahead of you....got my moda ornaments tree in process! great ideas tho...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that presents pattern and look at it every year. I would love to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring, now all we need is time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Christmas tree made out of circles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooooooo many ideas, so little time. Thanks for the inspiration. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great minds... I just downloaded the Tole Christmas tree pattern last night but not sure I have enough xmas fabric to make a whole quilt...so it will probably be a wall hanging or table runner. And I've had my eye on that present quilt for some time as well...ugh - if only I didn't have a day job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great ideas to use up my scraps! I swear, next summer, I need to get a head start on making some holiday minis to decorate my home! Thanks for the ideas, Sarah, cuz now I want to make them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many ideas, so little time until Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All very nice!

    Happy Thanksgiving Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some really fun ideas! Thanks for sharing! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to make a wall hanging the size of a framed picture! And don't forget pillow covers as a quick way to add some holiday cheer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anyone is so beautiful.Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well now thanks to you and Gene I have another project for Christmas, that's a good thing. (I think)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!