Monday, November 7, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - No Rest For The Wicked!

Hi, all!

Monday has rolled around again - they keep coming faster and faster!  But I seem to be kicking into high gear - "falling back" as we did this past weekend always seems to help me!  My time clock works better with daylight early in the morning, I think.  So let's see what I managed to accomplish this week...

1.  Finish cutting and piece the gift quilt.
Done!  It took me until just a little while ago, but I did finish this top! And I love it!


2.  Bind at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  I finished these three...


3.  Clean up my sewing studio.
Well, sort of.  I cleared the decks enough to start working on more projects, but I really need to do some more.  Where are those minions when I need them?!?!?!?

4.  Make a back for Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  Simple, but fun!


5.  Write a tutorial for the photo quilt.
In progress!  I'll have it finished tomorrow so it can post for Wednesday!

6.  Finish answering giveaway emails, and draw for the winners!
Done!  And not only did I draw the winners, today I mailed off all the packages!


This is just part of what I mailed off today - more about that below!

7.  Finalize a pattern for Nathanael's annual quilt.
I haven't done this yet - and I'll explain why below!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!
This quilt went to a man who suffered an aneurysm and brain surgery...


And this one went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.


This quilt is now comforting a woman who had a stroke...


And this one is being delivered to a woman with leukemia.


Finally, this quilt is going to be given to a woman whose mother died unexpectedly last week.

 

One of the extra things I did last week was participate in an Instagram event - #getyourquiltywishesgranted2!  Such a cool event, with quilters helping other quilters find that thing they've been searching for!  I asked for help with Batman fabrics for Nathanael's annual quilt - I've had a hard time finding a good variety of prints locally - and about ten people are sending me some bits and bobs from their own stashes!  So to pay it forward, I've been granting some quilty wishes myself - and that bag pictured in #6 above was actually filled to overflowing when I went to the post office today!  And because I'm waiting for the Batman fabrics to come it, I'm waiting to finalize the design for Nathanael's quilt until I see exactly what I have to work with.

 And Purl Soho has lured me (temporarily) over to the Dark Side with their free Seafaring Scarf pattern - I've been having a lot of fun working on this in the evenings....


So that's what I've been working on this week.  Staying busy and definitely keeping out of trouble!  Here's what's on tap for this week...

1.  Quilt a baby quilt for a friend.

2.  Make a back for the gift quilt.

3.  Cut out Emmy's annual quilt.

4.  Design and write an estimate for three memory quilts.

5.  Bind at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.

6.  Write up some patterns related to the Artisan projects.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

There's definitely no rest for the wicked!  But I love getting to work on all these lovely projects - I'm so lucky I get to spend all day doing something I'm passionate about!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are always having something on the go, and to finish what you have, amazing. Passing it on, I have a blog friend many hours away, well 3 friends, and we are swapping or have swapped seeds and will do bulbs when they spring ones are all done. To help out, in whatever way, is a gift, not only for the receiver, but for the ones who are on the giving end. Love your ministry quilts, bright and beautiful, specially the one for a lady with breast cancer, and subtle and serene for someone whose Mum had gone. Such love and thoughts go with every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am "working on" rest, so I must not be so wicked after all. Ha ha.
    Looking forward to getting my package!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Soltice trying to get as much finished up on it as I can before the new mystery starts. I also have a friend coming over on Saturday to show me some things on my new Lucey longarm. I had to postpone my training on it until December because of Dear Hubby's surgery. Can't wait till I am comfortable enough to quilt my own quilts on it. I have a stack of them waiting. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if I had all day I could not accomplish everything that you do. I'm working on laptop cases AGAIN. I thought I would finish them over the weekend but we got distracted by our new camper and went to the woods :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gift quilt top is lovely! I really like the soft colors in that one.

    I have five quilts to get in the mail this week, so I'm hoping we can get to the post office in Memphis. I also want to finish an Advent calendar that I started, but I have no recipient for it! The fabric was just in my stash and called my name. Know anyone who needs an Advent Calendar? The colors are bright, modern and rather non-traditional...

    ReplyDelete
  7. doing some applique on guild's raffle quilt, more 365 blocks, sewing for upcoming church bazaar, quilting a donation quilt...that's about it i guess...like who has time for a real job???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great week for you , as usual. I have been sick. :( Did not even get to do my A&C show this past weekend, but am on the mend now. I have 3 quilts to bind and 3 to make for Christmas (hopefully). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the finishes! My sewing space needs cleanup too, but my approach has been to start finishing those things "on top" and work my way down! (only starting a new project if I absolutely feel like I HAVE to.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing, you're an inspiration! My husband's friend from high school works for a dog rescue organization. (I have never met her, just friends on Facebook.) She asked me about making a quilt for their fundraiser. I was thinking of making a throw quilt or twin-size quilt (I don't have room to make anything larger.) I don't know what to charge her. Usually for fundraisers, I will DONATE quilts to a clinic, church, or medical cause with which I or a family member are associated, However, I personally have no association with this rescue organization in New Jersey (I live in Virginia) so that's why I am asking to be compensated. How much do you suggest I should charge? I would really appreciate your advice! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabelle, you are a no-reply blogger, so I hope you will see this reply. If you will email me at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com, I will be glad to send you a copy of the format I use to figure the cost of a commissioned quilt. It will at least give you an idea of where to start!

      Delete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!