Are you getting in the Christmas spirit yet? It's getting so close, and there's so much to do between now and then - but it's important to take a few minutes each day to just B-R-E-A-T-H-E!! Sit back, enjoy your surroundings, and realize that, as the Grinch learned, Christmas is a more than all the stuff we do to celebrate it! Then get back to work - LOL!
Here's how last week's list went...
1. Finish Nathanael's quilt.
Done! I'm so happy - all three quilts are labeled, washed, dried, and ready to be wrapped up! I haven't taken pictures of Nathanael's quilt yet - it was really cloudy today - but I'll be sharing it on Friday.
2. Bind nine quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done! I actually did the binding on eleven, if you count the ones I did at church!
3. Order fabric for a special project.
Done! I hope it gets here in time to make it up for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath...
4. Start working on three t-shirt commission quilts.
I started deconstructing the t-shirts today! Hooray!
5. Clean up my studio a little bit!
What was I thinking? This ain't happening in December...
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We did give away a few quilts this week...
This quilt went to a young mom just diagnosed with a brain tumor...
...and this one went to a woman whose cancer has recurred.
This quilt went to another woman whose cancer has come back again...
...and this one went to an elderly woman just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
The next two quilts went to sisters who are going through a tough emotional time...
...and this quilt went to their mother.
This quilt went to a little girl who will be having surgery this week...
These two quilts went to twin girls who were born prematurely...
...and this quilt went to their mom, who is facing more surgery this week.
And these are the twenty-four placemats and napkins we made to be given to the shut-ins our church delivers dinner to each Wednesday night!
Whew! That's a lot of quilty love going out!
This week I really need to focus on getting some commission pieces done. I've got three due by Christmas and three more by New Year's Eve - that's really stressing me out!! So here's my list for this week...
1. Make three beach blankets (commission job).
2. Make the t-shirt blocks for three commission t-shirt quilts.
3. Sort through my stash of Christmas presents and figure out what else I need to get.
4. Research sewing with real fur for a commission request. (If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them!)
5. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
This feels like a short list, but if I can get all of it done, I will feel so-o-o-o much better!!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?