One of the goals I set for myself last week was to sort through my tubs of scraps - and yesterday I did just that! I had three hours or so before my husband got home from work, and rather than start a new project (and before I could come to my senses!) I grabbed the neutrals tub and put it on the worktable....
Look at that mess! Stuffed to the brim with all kinds of stuff - strings, tiny bits, big pieces... it took me the entire three hours to press all the wrinkles out and fold it neatly.
But I found such treasures - pieces from the very first quilt I made, some adorable I-Spy pieces that will find their way into my grandkids' My Small World quilts, and this adorable animal print! I don't know if this was a sheet or just a really cute piece of fabric, but I've got a couple of fairly big pieces, so this will be turning up in a quilt someday soon!
So after three hours, this is what that tub looked like! It sure felt good, and although my feet hurt (a lot!) I was feeling pretty virtuous, too.
And here's the (midway) result - a tub full of neatly pressed and folded scraps, all ready to be cut into lovely neat squares and sewn into quilts!
My next step will be to look at the patterns I'm working with for the Stunning Stars quilt along (starting January 29th!) and see what in this tub will work with those quilts. Once I've decided that, I'll cut the pieces I need from these scraps. Having all these scraps pressed and folded will make that task so much easier!
So that's what I've been doing with my scraps this week. I'm happy to say that little scrap monster...
...is starting to look a little better to me! Domestication appears to agree with him - and just wait until I start using those scraps again to make some lovely quilts! He'll turn into a pussycat...