Monday, October 23, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Winter Is Coming!

Hi, all!

Well, fall has "done fell" here in Middle Tennessee!  We had some vicious winds, rain, and cooler weather today - I actually jumped out of my skin when a large branch came down on the roof and made a heck of a racket as it proceeded to the ground.  When I walked outside I realized that it really was fall - it smells different, have you noticed?  And that reminded me that winter (and Christmas) is just around the corner!  Time to get busy!

Here's how last week went....


1.  Finish the t-shirt quilt and deliver.
Done!  It turned out really nice and she loved it! 



2.  Make another pillow cover - a match for one we sold this weekend (the customer wanted a pair!)
Done!  It took a little creative piecing (I was a little short on the matching backing) but it looks great!



3.  And make one more pillow cover, a special request for a customer!
Done! I had a lot of fun with the quilting on this one - it basically creates the design.

4.  Quilt a vintage quilt top for a customer.
Done!  This top was in pretty good shape - I think it dates from the late 50's, early 60's.  I've got another one for the same customer that is older and will need a good bit of repair work before I can finish it.





5.  Cut out Nathanael's annual quilt.
Done - and not only cut out, but pieced!

 

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week, with no quilt requests.  Gives us a chance to catch up!


Happy happy joy joy! I got everything on the list done!  And I even finished one other thing, but I'll share that on Wednesday...

And here's my list for this week...

1.  Work on Emmy's annual quilt.

2.  Finish up the thank you notes for A Heart For Texas.

3.  Work on hand quilting my Long Time Gone quilt.

4.  Make the next blocks for my Gypsy Wife quilt.

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Short list this week, but I've got a short week - we're going to spend a long weekend in Asheville to celebrate my birthday!  I'm hoping for gorgeous fall color in the mountains and lots of fun and good food.  

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. sounds like the storm we had yesterday went your way. It does smell like fall in the air and we might just have the heat on tonight and if not tonight it will be on in another night or two. I am working on various projects like usual and reading always too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m one state north of you and fall hit here at exactly the same time. It’s been beautiful and amazingly nice weather for several weeks, and then it turned remarkably colder all of a sudden. But it’s still very nice actually. Just some rain and a good bit colder, but still not freezing cold at all. Just need a jacket and longer pants; no more shorts this year, I expect.
    I love Nathanael’s quilt. I’ve been wanting to make more of those plus quilts. The first one I made I gave away in the charity challenge, but there are so many different ways of doing them. And I like the way they look. His has a very modern look, being all solids. They look great in scraps as well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love it if you wrote a bit about that repair job. Patching is obvious but how to be both respectful and thorough with a vintage top is not something I've found a lot of information on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also getting real Fall weather in Alabama, plus lots of rain. More beautiful quilts you are making, as always. Esp. love the one for Nathanael. I need to get caught-up on Christmas gifts very soon, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun in Asheville, just up the road from me! That same storm moved through here and blew off much of the fall colored leaves. Our autumn isn't as glorious as it usually is. Perhaps by this weekend more leaves will turn, the lows this week will be in the 30s, which we need, and next weekend will have an overnight freeze. Bring your warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh, Asheville will be gorgeous! Hope your week goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rain came our way. Keep it next time. But really, isn't it just nice when it rains outside because it make us feel less guilty to be inside quilting? I love it.

    I'm expecting a few quilty friends this week to travel in, and we'll have a quieter than usual retreat this year. Some dyeing, some shopping, some quilting, and enjoying the sweet company of quilters. Hope your week is just as fun, Sarah. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!