Oh my goodness, where did last week go? It seems like I just blinked, and it's Monday again! But this week holds the last few days before vacation, so I'm ok with it going quickly...
Let's take a look and see how last week's list went....
1. Piece the new commission quilt.
Woohoo! It's not only pieced, but it's quilted, bound, washed, and photographed! I am so happy to have this finished early! Here's a sneak peek - more on Friday!
2. Finish this Sunday's blogpost.
Done! And if you didn't see it, you should check it out - Jamie gave us a tutorial for a great block and quilt!
3. Keep trimming those bonus HSTs!
In progress! And today I had a great idea for a quilt, but didn't have enough HSTs in the right size - so I turned them into 3/4 square triangles, and now I have double the number!
4. Determine my vacation projects.
I think I've got it narrowed down to one of Jamie's "Have Faith" quilts, the 3/4 square block quilt, and some pincushions. I may take my crescent quilt too - I'm still trying to decide about that one.
5. Keep deconstructing the turtle blocks.
In progress. This one is going to take a while, because the original seamstress used a very tiny stitch and some VERY sturdy thread!
6. Deliver the t-shirt quilt.
Done! She was very happy and so was I!
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
We didn't give away any quilts this week, but we did have a momentous moment to share - Gina finished her first quilt top!
I did one other big thing this week (at least, big to me!) and I did it for you all! You can now print out my blogposts as a PDF - handy when there's a tutorial in it! If you opened up this specific post rather than just a general visit to my blog, you'll see a button after my signature that says Print/PDF - just click on that to see the post as a PDF! If you came directly to the blog and not a specific post, you won't see it - so just click on the title of the post and it will take you to the full version of the post (with comments and PDF button!) I hope you enjoy this new feature as much as I do!
So I got a lot accomplished last week, and because I finished the commission quilt, I'm feeling free and easy this week! So here's what I'm hoping to get to this week...
1. Quilt a top for a friend's project.
2. Pull together all the quilting supplies I need to take with me on vacation.
3. Sew together some of the tiny HSTs for pincushions.
4. Cut out the pieces for two quilts for vacation quilting.
5. Finalize this Sunday's H2H blogpost.
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
A short list, but I probably should clean the house up a little bit before we leave! Actually, I'm just going to enjoy a little relaxed sewing, too - no deadlines!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?