Monday, August 27, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - The Dog Days of August are Here!

Hi, all!

Summer has returned to middle Tennessee with a vengeance, but that's good, because it makes it easier to stay inside and sew!  I kind of miss the pretty fall-like weather we had for a bit last week, though - it's nice to know it will be coming back soon.  In the meantime, though, I'll be trying to barrel through some of the projects on my plate.  With that in mind, let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Assemble the t-shirt quilt top.
Done!  I'm so happy with the way the Tiger Lily Kona worked out...


2.  Cut the blocks and start assembling the dress shirt memory quilt.
Done!  Lots of little 3.5" squares, some of them stabilized to keep the slippery fabric from shifting...


...and one quarter of the quilt is pieced...


...and another quarter is taking shape on the design wall to be pieced tomorrow.


3.  Call a potential customer about her t-shirt quilt commission.
Done!  We'll be meeting on Saturday to decide what she wants!

4.  Make quilt backs for the three denim quilt tops.
Done!  You can see one of the quilts (on the left) and the three different backs (to the right).  These are ready to be sandwiched!


5.  Make a quilt back for the golf shirt top.
Done!  I love this fabric I found - the colors in it are perfect!


6.  Work on Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  I finally have some of all the blocks finished so you can start to see how the design will work...


I can't wait to make some more blocks and get a larger section up on the design wall!

7.  Keep up with any quilt  ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a couple of quilts this week...


This quilt went to a lady who just had a kidney transplant...


...and this one went to a woman whose daughter went missing while hiking and still remains unfound.

So all in all, a good and productive week.  But there's still plenty to do!  Here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Make a memory pillow for a friend.

2.  Finish piecing the dress shirt memory quilt.

3.  Pick out backing material for the t-shirt quilt and the dress shirt memory quilt.

4.  Sandwich at least two of the six memory quilts.

5.  Work on Lilli's annual quilt.

6.  Check out my green scrap stash to see if I have enough for Nathanael's annual quilt.

7.  Clean and lightly sand the cabinet in my office preparatory to painting.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I may not make it through all of this, as my husband is going to be off work for a few days this week for the holiday and that can throw a monkey wrench in the best laid plans - but it does make for a fun long weekend!  Maybe we can even get out on the boat if the weather cooperates...

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. You are always so productive! Great job! Have you ever done a tutorial/directions for your t-shirt quilts? I was asked to do one for our local high school grad night and you were the first person I thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so productive! If you don’t have enough green scraps and need some, LET ME KNOW. I have more green fabric that I can ever use and would be more than happy to donate some scraps and/or smallish pieces for your project. Honestly. It would really help me as my shelf space for green is seriously overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotta....I had to laugh. I would never have said green was my favorite color but if you looked at my scrap box of green compared to others you might think it was! How does that happen?

      Delete
  3. Wow! Loving Lilli's quilt. Now I wanna make one! Probably won't as my "want" list is long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ministry quilt, that is the utmost sadness for any parent, and a quilt full of love and care, I truly hope she will find that and some healing in the fabrics and stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read comment #3 today with interest as it led me to believe that you do t-shirt quilts on commission. I have new neighbors looking to have this done and no one in my guild does it. How do I have them contact you if you truly do this? We live in Fort Mill, South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! If I could get half as much done in one week as you, I'd be elated!! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm loving how Lilli's quilt is coming together and love that Kona Tiger Lily fabric!! Great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have another baby quilt to make this week, since the baby turned out to be a boy, not a girl. I'm trying to encourage my hubby to go on the camping/hiking trip he's been wanting to take all summer, over this long weekend. If he is out of the house, I'll get lots more done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on the quilting front!!! I really like the idea of a golf t-shirt quilt. Grand daughter's quilt is sparkly blues-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Are you a dynamo or what!! I could only get through half of that list. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, I'm exhausted just reading all that you did last week and plan to do this week!! I was in MD this past weekend and have a new quilt to make for my great niece using all her receiving blankets...should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!