Monday, August 20, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Making Some Headway!


Hi, all!

Last week sure went by in a blur, didn't it?  It seems like it was just starting, but here we are at Monday again.  That's ok, I got  LOT done last week - so let's see how it went!


1.  Paint two pieces of furniture in the kitchen.
Done!  And I'm so happy with the way they turned out...



Now I'm ready to paint some more furniture!

2.  Make the two memory pillow covers from denim shirts.
Done!  I like the way these look - I may make some of my own!


3.  Cut out the denim squares for the memory quilts and start assembling.
Done!  And I not only cut the blocks and assembled the two original ones requested, I made a third one once we realized there were enough squares for three!  


4.  Make the blocks for the t-shirt quilt.
Done!  OK, done this afternoon, but still they're finished!  And I found out that the Kona color of the year, Tiger Lily, is the perfect match for the red-orange in the Harley-Davidson logo!  


I'll be using Tiger Lily for the sashing and borders, and black for the cornerstones and binding on this quilt.

5.  Deconstruct the dress shirts for the final memory quilt.
Done!  I'll start cutting blocks and assembling that one after I make the t-shirt quilt top!

6.  Work on Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  I cut out some time Sunday afternoon and decided to work on this top.  


Lots more of the H blocks made (although there's still a bunch more to come!) and then I put together 17 more blocks.


This isn't the way they will be laid out in the final quilt top, but it is a good way to get a feel for the colors! I think Lilli will be happy with the blues in this quilt....

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  These two quilts went to a brother and sister whose father died last week...


...and this quilt went to a man whose mother died unexpectedly last week.


So a very productive week!!!  I stayed focused and made it through all the projects - hooray!  And with that in mind, here's my list for this week...

1.  Assemble the t-shirt quilt top.

2.  Cut the blocks and start assembling the dress shirt memory quilt.

3.  Call a potential customer about her t-shirt quilt commission.

4.  Make quilt backs for the three denim quilt tops.

5.  Make a quilt back for the golf shirt top.

6.  Work on Lilli's annual quilt.

7.  Keep up with any quilt  ministry needs that come up.


Another busy week, but I'll still be making time to take some ice cream sundae fixings to the grandkids on Thursday after school - I can't let my "Super-Nana" credentials slip!  

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!  

Sarah

13 comments:

  1. I suspect your Super Nana cred will last for many years to come. Memories are the real keeper gifts, for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, busy is an understatement. Love those ministry quilts, heart warming at sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You had a very busy and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever breathe, Sarah?!! LOL You are definitely a Super Nana and Super Woman!! I know your ministry quilts are such a blessing. I can't wait to see the finish on that Harley memory quilt! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wallet for my eldest, who went off to start her Master's program, 4.5 hours away! Wah!!!!! Making sure she has all kinds of things to remember mom by. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still working on unfinished scrappy quilt flimsies. After I finish the current one, just 1 more in the tub!! I'm really getting tired of these UFQ's. I'm looking forward to something more fun. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the crumb quilt with the grey background. I can't imagine you losing your Super Nana credentials. I think we could all take grandparenting lessons from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you clarified that the H quilt blocks aren't in the right layout! I kept scratching my head, trying to see the pattern and thought for just a moment that maybe it wasn't working all scrappy. Perish that thought!! :)

    I'm turning I-spy squares into quilt tops this week and having fun with all the silly fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad busy girl.Any of your projecs is and eye catching!!I finishied a cushion and begsn a circle skirt for the little one and hope to fisnish it this week.
    Wishing you a ll a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work overall-I like the way the blues quilt is progressing! Have fun with the Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl! You are like the Energizer Bunny! All your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So amazing! I'm still trying to decide on Wednesday what I want to work on next. Could be either a simple quilted ottoman cover or a minky baked rail fence quilt for myself. I'm feeling a little stuck on what's next. There are so many projects in my 'I'd love to work on them' and some are on my Q3 Finish-A-Long list. *Sigh* Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your painted furniture turned out great! Love the runner on the chest. Did you do a post about that somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!