Wednesday, September 26, 2018

I May Have A Scrap Problem... What I've Been Working On!

Hi, all!

It is Wednesday again, and I haven't touched my sewing machine in days!  I feel like something is missing, and yet, I've been getting some fun things done!  



Today I took these boxes full of parts and turned them into something wonderful - a new sleeping space for my grands!


With this set-up, the girls can sleep in the lower bed and Nathanael can have the upper bunk.  Just gotta get a twin mattress - my daughter has one that she said we could have.  Oh, and make a twin size quilt for the upper bunk!

And I did take a few minutes out to browse through Instagram for some inspiration...


Check out this wonderful fall-flavored quilt from Emily over at Em's Scrap Bag.  If you haven't checked out her scrappy quilts, you are really missing a treat!  She has the BEST ideas!


A snap trail block is a great scrap buster, and it's so cute!  This block is definitely on my bucket list...


This quilt is just a treat for the eyes, isn't it?  So much to look at, and all of it scrappy!


And last, but definitely not least, take a look at this beauty!  It just seems to glow.  I really want to figure out what makes this one "click" in hopes of recreating that feeling.

And finally, in celebration of the finally-dropping temperatures...


Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. bed and bunk, wonderful, you are so talented in the carpentry and building industry!! And the snail trail, I do like that design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandchildren are going to love the new sleeping space, and the twin quilt will finish it off wonderfully. I like the snail trail too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't quite make out the info for the scrappy snail trail quilt. Whose pattern is it? It is certainly a bucket list pattern. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great set-up for the guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll take fall...finally here in maryland only one day this week of 80+ temps...and i agree, i love the scrappy snail trail...might be on my list as well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your grands will love their new space - especially when you get that quilt made!! I guess I'm the odd one, but I really like the last pattern. I think you could mock that up easily in EQ - one block turned four ways!! And that puppy picture is adorable!! Love it! So ready for fall. It's been a little cooler here in AL this week. It's been great!! Even with the rain - which we really needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grand kids will love their new space and as always I love your scrappy projects.Hard to pock my best favorite.

    Wishing you a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, that last one glows! I wonder if it's because it is made of all solids so each color reads really "pure"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a test comment to see if I've fixed it so they come to my email inbox again (didn't I fix this once already? What gives, Blogger?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marj H. donated a patriotic quilt to So. Cal Quilts of Valor and we need the name of the pattern please. She made the quilt with your pattern. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to help you if possible, but without more information (like a picture of the quilt) and an email address to contact you at, I'm unable to do so. You can email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com.

      Delete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!