Wednesday, September 5, 2018

I May Have A Scrap Problem....Hallelujah! Progress!!!

Hi, all!

Well, it's been a busy week - this is my third post so far this week! But even with all that, I've had time to make some progress on my scrappy sewing, which makes me very happy!!


First up is Lilli's annual quilt, which made great progress this week!  You can definitely see the pattern now - and I'm loving it!  This is about half the size the quilt will finish at, so I've still got a ways to go, but this part is completely assembled.  


And, I gathered up 850 green squares for Nathanael's annual quilt!  You may remember this quilt that I shared a few weeks ago...


Well, I showed it to Nathanael and he got so excited - he asked if it was his and when I said it could be, he started signing "thank you" to me over and over.  So of course, this will be his annual quilt! Mom asked for a twin size so he can use it on his bed, so I pulled greens out of my box(es) of 2.5" squares, then cut enough from my green scrap bin to bring the total up to 850.  Tomorrow I'll cut out the white squares, and then I'll be all ready to start sewing.  This may be a retreat project, depending on happens in the next few weeks - if I get other things finished, I'll start on it sooner!

So that's my scrappy week! I'm pleased with my progress, although you'd think that 850 squares would have made a bigger dent in the scrap stash!  

Have you been doing anything interesting on the scrap front?  I've seen some cool things showing up on Instagram - I love seeing your progress!

Hugs!

Sarah 

17 comments:

  1. What wonderful and obvious progress! thank you indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make quilts for your grandkiddos each year! What a wonderful thing to do. My grandma, and later my mom, always made all of us girls in the family flannel nightgowns with matching nightgowns for our dolls each Christmas. It is a favorite memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are delightful, vivid and great for Lilli and Nathan. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size is the quilt you’re making for Lili? I love it so much that I ordered the pattern and I’ll be using it to make a quilt for my niece! She’s asked for a green and blue quilt and I’d been pondering what pattern to use until I saw what you were doing. My niece lives in Denmark and is 19. She has a pretty good sense of what she likes so I emailed her a copy of the pattern and an explanation of my thinking. I want to use lots of different light neutrals including in the centers where you use prints. I’m just beginning to pick out fabrics and won’t start cutting for a little while yet, because there are a couple of other things I need to finish first, but I’m excited to start it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts are looking great. I really love the green one as green is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you're getting the big white circles on Lily's quilt....somehow I never noticed that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great grandkid quilts! What are you planning for Emmy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would think it would be easier to make the green center blocks by strip piecing 2.5" strips then cross cutting them instead of cutting individual squares. Either way it will be a great quilt and Nathanael is obviously excited about it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Great progress! You know, I believe baby scraps are born overnight! :) Your quilt is looking so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lilli's quilt! What pattern is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The big question is, what color quilt will Emmy get? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you decide to stop doing a monthly link up for the next month's scrap picks?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lilli's quilt os great! The pattern your going to use for Nathanael's quilt is perfect for using up some green and white squares. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You have really done an awesome job on Lilli's quilt. When I saw the pattern, I wasn't sure you would be able to finish it for Christmas, but I can see that you will have plenty of time to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress on both quilts, such scrappy fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!