Monday, September 3, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - No Rest For The Wicked!

Hi, all!

I hope you have all had a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!  It's been fun around here, lots of time spent with my hubby (two movies!) and started a new tradition this morning with the 1st Annual Labor Day Big Breakfast!  We had all the kids (big and little) over early and made waffles, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrapple, bacon, and of course, eggs.  We ate until we were wallowing and then went outside and the adults sat on the deck while the kids ran around in the yard.  A great time was had by all!  But now it's time to get back to the real world and think about what I need to do this week.  

First of all, though, let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Make a memory pillow for a friend.
Done!  I love how this came out...


2.  Finish piecing the dress shirt memory quilt.
Done!  This was the last of the six memory quilt tops, now I just have to quilt them.


3.  Pick out backing material for the t-shirt quilt and the dress shirt memory quilt.
Done!  I now have backs made for all six quilts.

4.  Sandwich at least two of the six memory quilts.
Done!  Two are ready to quilt.

5.  Work on Lilli's annual quilt.
Coming along nicely!  This is about half of the top - it's going to be big!!  This is all sewn together - the next step is to put together a short strip that goes across the bottom and a long strip on the side.


6.  Check out my green scrap stash to see if I have enough for Nathanael's annual quilt.
Well, I took a look at it.  Considering the ridiculous amount of scraps I have, I think I'm going to be good - just need to cut them up!  I think this will be Nathanael's quilt, since when I showed him the pic, he got all excited and asked if it was for him!


7.  Clean and lightly sand the cabinet in my office preparatory to painting.
Unfortunately I didn't get to this, but I did buy the supplies I need!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We only had one quilt go out this week, to a young woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.


So not too bad - I got to everything but sanding the cabinet, and that was all my husband's fault - he talked me into trading in my (paid off) car and taking his car as mine so he could buy a new truck.  He did all this through CarVana (quite the experience!) and of course, that meant I needed to find the title to my car.  Remember that "safe place" you put things?  Yeah, me neither!  So I spent my sanding time turning all my "safe places" inside out looking for the title, and finally found it in the last place I could think to look downstairs, at the bottom of the last pile.  I've really got to come up with a better organization system (do I hear my daughter saying "AMEN!" in the background??)

And now it's time for this week's list...

1.  Call the insurance company and set up coverage for the new truck.

2.  Quilt at least one of the memory quilts.

3.  Sandwich at least two more of the memory quilts.

4.  Keep working on Lilli's annual quilt.

5.  Cut squares for Nathanael's annual quilt.

6.  Clean out the guest room furniture (it's going to be Lilli's new bedroom furniture!)

7.  Sand (and maybe paint) the cabinet in my office.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

If I get all this done, it will be a miracle!  But at least I won't be sitting around wondering what I should be doing...

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Oh - and a quick PS - be sure to come back by tomorrow, as I'm one of the bloggers participating in the Quilters Meet & Greet!  There is a giant giveaway associated with the whole event, and lots of blogs to check out and explore!

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. What is scrapple? That is one I haven't heard of before. I hope you won't have guests coming, since you won't have any furniture in that room soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to laugh at the scrapple comment. I grew up in PA and my father used to make it dredged in flour and pan fried. It is good but I can no longer eat it. Now, I am thinking we need a quilting term for scrapple!!!
    I also just saw your quilting ministry and yes, I will keep you in mind for some destashing (how small do you like things)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food galore, special times with your family, ministry quilt is lovely, and stash, greens and blues will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biscuits and gravy ?? I am there in a heart beat---only eat it on "road trips" though. Total comfort food as "unhealthy" the original is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, you gave up your beloved (and paid for) box? I hope DH's car serves you as well; i.e., has lots of space for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice week! I had to look for birth certif, marriage certif and proof of residence to renew my license here-what a dig through to find everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had one of those "safe space" moments this week, too! We bought a new anchor for the dinghy and then couldn't find it. Who loses an entire anchor?? Sigh. Eventually it showed up in a very safe place...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot done again this week. I also saw some progress. With my side yard finally resurfaced...Yay!...no more moles tempting my dogs to dig!...I was able to get a bit of sewing in and finished a quilt with cute seashore life fabrics in it. I'm sewing the binding on and will actually manage to post about it soon. Wonders will never cease! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm still in recovery mode from surgery. No sewing, but getting loads of inspiration!!!
    mindingmomma@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!