Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I May Have a Scrap Problem... Making Progress!

Hi, all!

October is almost over - can you believe it?  But I have been (finally) doing some scrappy sewing, and I have progress to share!  Nathanael's annual quilt is a super-scrappy version of Good Night Irene...


This is slightly more than two-thirds of the blocks I will need to make, and I'll also have to make the outer ring that is mostly white with little green pyramids to finish off the outside of the stars.  


And for inspiration, here's a similar quilt, not exactly the same but with a similar look.  This one is by Sandra of Musings of a Menopausal Melon and the block pattern is called Arkansas Crossroads.  Both patterns are great for using up a lot of scraps!

And now, as seen on Instagram, here's some more inspiration...


Look at those beautiful brights!  I love the way they glow against the gray background.


And isn't this a fun layout?  I particularly like the "made fabric" in the neutral spiral.  Nice touch!


This is on Angie's (@angienudge) bucket list - look at that beautiful English paper piecing!  And what a great way to use up small and well-loved scraps...


And just because it's almost time to start freaking out about Christmas working on fun projects with the grandkids, look at these adorable tree ornaments!  Some homespun scraps, button, and cinnamon sticks - but I think they might be just as cute with bright Christmas fabric scraps and brighter buttons!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

 Feeling inspired?  Then go forth and whip those scraps into shape!!!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Those cinnamon sticks are just the thing for happy Christmas decorating! I like your newest quilt - made one of the same pattern this summer but didn't know the block had so many other names. Pattern I followed was from Pam and Nicky Lintott's book Jellyroll Quilts in a Weekend. But it sure took me longer than a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your quilt. Thanks for all of the other great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lucky boy!! I'm in love with Nathaniel's quilt. With all those GREEN scraps it's bound to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how that green just pops! What a fun quilt this will be for Nathaniel!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Great job on the green quilt! I really like the Arkansas Crossroads idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt! And that spiral quilt inspiration is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah, I thought you might like to check out my blogpost from today. You ( and your blog) were mentioned, but I don't know how to do it so that it would alert you. https://sunshinesquiltingaddiction.blogspot.com/2018/10/monday-again.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!