Monday, October 29, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - The Calm Before The Storm!

Hi, all!

It's been an eventful and full weekend, but now that Monday is here, there's a clean slate and a whole lot of sewing to do!  But first, let's take a look at last week's list...

1.  Bind two quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done!  And not only two, but I found one more (when I was looking for something in my studio) that was all finished except for binding, so I finished it too!

2.  Make progress on Nathanael's annual quilt.
Oh yeah!  I not only made progress, I finished the top!


3.  Start a quilt for the bunk bed.
Started!  I've put together this piece of jelly-roll race "made" fabric, now I've got to figure out what to do with it next.  It's made using a bunch of my solid and black-and-white-print binding scraps, with squares of a rainbow geometric print in between the strips.


4.  Make a pillowcase for Emmy.
Also done!  I love making pillowcases - they are such a quick easy fabric "fix"!  This one is made using some awesome unicorn fabric I found when I went to Ohio - be sure to enlarge the pic and read some of the sayings!  My personal favorite is "Unicorns don't do homework".


5.  Finish cleaning up from my home renovation projects (finding new homes for things that got displaced in the process.)
Oh well, I got some of this done, but certainly not all of it. It's a never-ending process!

6.  Make props for our trunk-or-treat display.
Done!  These were a lot of fun to make, and I'll share the finished display later in the week.



7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We just had one this week; this one went to a man who had open heart surgery this week.


So, a pretty good and productive week!  I had a week between commission jobs, and I put it to good use, I think.  But this week I have what I need to work on the commission jobs, so it's going to be a lot more focused.  Here's my plan for this week.

1.  Cut out blocks from a big stack of clothing for three memory quilts.

2.  Start assembling at least two of those memory quilts.

3.  Pick out backing fabric for the memory quilts.

4.  Work out a design using the scrappy "made fabric" for the guest room bunk bed.

5.  Work on cleaning up from the home renovation projects (so I can start a new one without guilt!)

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

A short list this week, but oh, I would love to get all three memory quilts pieced!   The sooner I finish up the commission work, the sooner I can get started on my own holiday sewing!

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. I am chairperson for a Tea fundraiser for our local musuem...2019 theme "Stitches in Time". Love the two props shown above. Can you post more pictures of any other prop that are made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the cute measuring tape!? Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you get more done in a week than anyone I know! I'm working on getting mu quilt of valor blocks put together into rows, then into a quilt top with borders, and also quilting a kid's quilt. Wish you would see it....fish embroideries interspersed with fish fabric...it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishes - and your next week, short list, doesn't seem that short :)! So special about the Memory Quilts you are making. I'm trying to finish two Christmas Baby quilts that have a lot of applique on them so.....a little slower going than normal :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning on sewing strips for a jelly roll quilt like you made. Then I'm going to cut the body into 6-1/2" strips and sew a solid between the strips. Something different but simple. I think it will turn out nicely, just need to get those strips sewn together first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you do keep busy and productive. I'm impressed. how did you make or where did you find the large tape measure?
    I finished 2 quilt tops this week and sent to the quilters. One for my new great niece and one for my great nephew. Have another one to finish. My nieces and nephews are giving me plenty of great little ones. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit late in reading this but I'm sure you are hitting your stride with the new goals!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!