Monday, November 12, 2018

Make-A-List Monday - Taking a Breath!

Hi, all!

A new week is beginning, and fall has definitely shown up in force!  Cool weather and rainy days makes for good sewing weather, doesn't it?  I've also got some home improvement projects on my horizon, though, so I'm going to work for some balance between the two.  

First, though, let's look at last week's list and check on progress...


1.  Finish piecing the third memory quilt top.
2.  Make the quilt backs.
3.  Quilt all three memory quilts.
4.   Applique pockets on all three quilts.
Done, done, done, DONE!!  The last of my commission jobs for 2018 is in the books.  Here's a pic, but you can read more about these quilts here.


5.  Work on a design for the bunk bed quilt.
Done - sort of!  I had quilter's block on a design using the jelly roll fabric I created last week, but I got some inspiration and whipped up a quick top Sunday afternoon that will be perfect for the bunk bed!  I'll share more about this on Wednesday, but here's a quick progress pic...


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week, although I expect more requests in the upcoming weeks because we had a quilt ministry emphasis at church this past Sunday.

This quilt went to a gentleman whose adult son has been missing for an extended period...


...and this quilt went to an elderly gentleman who is in rehab.


So that was last week - a success!  I also cut up some scraps while cleaning up my studio and made a cute little baby quilt from some large pieces in the process - I'll share more about that on Friday.

And here's what's on my plate for this week...

1.  Quilt the baby quilt.

2.  Quilt the bunk bed quilt.

3.  Quilt several quilts for the ministry.

4.  Paint the foyer.

5.  Write a tutorial.

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Looks like a fairly short list, but the foyer is a multi-day project - right now, it's barn red, and I'm going to paint it a pretty color called Dogwood, which is a warm cream.  I'll fit in the quilting in between painting spells! And then next week my husband will be off, and we plan to put a glass tile backsplash in the kitchen, which will finish off that project!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. If anyone can figure out how to piece together a glass tile backsplash... it's a quilter (and her helper). Good luck with that big project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say that I didn't do very well with my scrap attack project this year. I still have too many scraps. I have been on a trip and will get home tonight. Can't wait to get back to my sewing machine after over 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes. Love hearing about your church ministry. Your foyer will look lovely with the new softer colour. I'm finishing my scrappy log cabin blocks - I have enough for 'quite' a few baby quilts :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those home improvement jobs always cut into the quilting time so much but always need to be done don't they - glad you got your consignment jobs out of the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. pedal to the metal on my november scrap attack..a postage stamp quilt that'll be tied....fingers crossed to get this UFO done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to finish up 2 shower gifts for Sunday and make a baby hat. Totally doable, plus try and sew or knit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a productive week. I finished my husbands quilt for Christmas. He was out hunting so the perfect time to get it quilted without him seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "short" list makes me swoon! You are truly an energizer bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunk bed quilt is nice--it looks like a bow tie pattern! I am working on the Summer Blooms on the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!