Monday, January 21, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - It's A Good Week For Quilting!

Hi, all!

January is just zipping by, isn't it?  It's hard to believe it's almost over!  But it's been good start to the year so far, and there's lots more fun to come!  The Rockin' Rectangles quilt-along starts this coming Sunday, and Hands2Help is just around the corner.  But for now let's just see how last week went...

1.  Deconstruct garments for a memory quilt.
Done!  They are now a pile of flat pieces just waiting to be pressed and cut up into quilt pieces!

2.  Take "before" photos of a vintage quilt to be repaired.
Done!  This quilt is in desperate need of repair but it has been well loved and is definitely worth it!



3.  Quilt and bind at least two quilts for the ministry.
I put binding on two quilts but didn't quilt them myself. Thankful for good friends in the quilt ministry!  Thanks to a lot of hard work, we now have a stash of quilts on hand and ready to be given to folks in need.

4.  Finish the last two prototypes for the Rockin' Rectangles series.
Done!  I finished the last one this afternoon, and tomorrow I'll figure out the backing.  Gotta get these babies on the quilt frame!





5.  Put away the rest of Christmas.
A-l-m-o-s-t done.  I should probably invite some folks for dinner so I have a deadline for getting this done!

6.  Start cleaning my office space.
Started!  And no, I'm not going to show any before pics - because it was really horrible!  You'll have to trust me on that. 
#honestoffice my foot!



7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  This quilt went to a woman who fell and broke her femur last week...


...and this quilt went to a woman who was discovered to have a tumor in her lung and another behind her eye.


We also gave away a third quilt to a woman with serious lung issues, but I do not have a picture of that quilt.

So while I didn't get everything completely done, I'm happy with what did get done.  I think this week will be heavy into quilting as I finish up the prototypes for the Rockin' Rectangles series.  Here's what I'm hoping to get done...

1.  Find backings for the last two Rockin' Rectangles quilts.

2.  Quilt at least two of the Rockin' Rectangles quilts.

3.  Quilt a ministry quilt for an adoption.

4. Quilt two additional ministry quilts.

5.  Write at least one Rockin' Rectangles tutorial.

6.  Cut pieces for the memory quilt.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

A busy week ahead, for sure!  I can see that Jolene is going to get a serious workout.  

Be sure to put Sunday on your calendar, and check back by to see the first of the Rockin' Rectangles quilts and tutorial.  These will all be easy quilts, perfect if you want to participate in the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge this year!  Feel free to grab the buttons (in the right hand side bar above) if you want to add them to your blog.  Let's spread the word!  You can read a little bit more about the preparation for this year's event here.

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Busy week. I like the X (??) quilt under #7. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah you are so busy I don't know how you do it. While running our daughter around as she heals from surgery to appointments and running errands for her I have been busy with my scraps, organizing and mystery quilt which is getting closer to a finish thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy. I wish I had your energy. I have a quilt to bind after I get off work and I want to start a quilt for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that X quilt design as well. You are very busy, but you are also very organized which helps. I look forward to the challenge as I plan to beat back that scrap stash and pass those quilts on with the Comfort Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A list like this should keep you busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always get so much done in a week!! Looking forward to your rectangle quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to Rockin' Rectangles. And can I just say that I read "#honest office my foot" and actually snorted. It was the mark of recognition and solidarity and no judgement from here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!