Monday, January 14, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - Where Does The Time Go?

Hi, all!

Monday came back so fast!  It's probably just the jet lag fog, which is finally wearing off, but it doesn't seem like a week since last Monday.  And it's already almost halfway through January - so where does the time go?  Well, in an effort to be more time-conscious, I write this weekly post - and I appreciate your help in keeping me accountable!

So let's see what happened with last week's list...


1.  Deep cleaning in the studio.
I did some, but got distracted by my strings "hamper of shame".  More on that Wednesday!

2.  Bind a ministry quilt.
3.  Quilt at least one ministry quilt.
Done!  I actually quilted two and put binding on four!





4.  Work on designs for the Rockin' Rectangles quilt-along (coming soon!)
In progress!  I have four designs finished, and two in progress. 

5.  Work on prototypes for the quilt-along.
Four tops are finished!  That makes me so happy.  Two more to go! Here's a sneak peek at one of them...



6.  Choose new goals for Scrap Attack 2019.
Done!  You can read about them here.



7.  Write a special blog post for a friend.
Done!  I'd encourage you to read about the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project here, and help if you can!



8.  Put away Christmas!
In progress. I did get the tree down, and some of the stuff is back in the attic, but there's still a little bit to do.

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away four quilts this week...

These three went to gentlemen who were all diagnosed with cancer this week...




...and this one went to a woman going through some health issues.


So all in all, not a bad week.  A few distractions drew me off task sometimes, and there are some things I need to finish up but I'm happy with the progress.  Here's what I'd like to accomplish this week...

1.  Deconstruct garments for a memory quilt.

2.  Take "before" photos of a vintage quilt to be repaired.

3.  Quilt and bind at least two quilts for the ministry.

4.  Finish the last two prototypes for the Rockin' Rectangles series.

5.  Put away the rest of Christmas.

6.  Start cleaning my office space.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Way more than enough to keep me busy and out of trouble, I think!  

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. What a week,and the ministry quilts, again they will be so treasured,

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the phrase "hamper of shame"... I have one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on knitting projects and need to quilt a table runner. Trying to keep to my January list and not start new projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!