Monday, January 16, 2012

Make-A-List Monday #78! A Busy Week Ahead.....


Hi, all!

Are you getting back into your normal routine after the holidays?  It always seems to take a while - at least for me! - but eventually, things start falling back into place.  I hope it's the same for you!  

Here's how I did on last week's list...

1.  Cut out a quilt for a boy with Hodgkins' lymphoma.
Done!  Now I just need to get sewing on it!



2.  Put borders on a donated quilt center for a man's quilt.
3.  Make a backing for that same quilt.
I actually got three quilts ready for quilting,
 and my sewing sisters brought two more that are ready 
and now have backs.  So I have five quilts ready to quilt now!


4.  Organize and put away some of the fabric in my studio!
Done! I've made a little bit of a dent in the stacks, 
and a big dent in the tubs of scraps 
(3 people took home large sacks of scraps to cut up) 
so it's coming along!


So not too bad on last week's list!  But here's what's on the list for this week...

1.  Quilt the five quilts needed for the ministry.

2.  Piece the flying geese top.

3.  Put together kits for quilt ministry members.

And that's where I'm going to stop, because while it's a short list, it's a fat one!  Plenty to keep me busy this week.....

What are you planning on working on this week?

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

And now, on a separate note, I want to share my favorite pin cushion with you - as requested by my friend Beth over at Love Laugh Quilt!  She's hosting a Pincushion Parade to see everyone's pincushions - fun!  



This cute little pincushion was made for me by a lady in our sewing group at church - it's completely hand pieced and made out of tiny log cabin blocks.  It's not very big - just about the size of a real baby chick!  Isn't it adorable?


I hope you have a great week!!


Hugs!


Sarah

12 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love your little pincushion! Even sweeter because it was made for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list really works! I had one thing on my list, when you call that a list. But I lost the list. So I don't know whether I have done it.
    I did a lot though, so no issues there!
    And I love your pinchick! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that chick¡¡¡ I'm going to make one for me someday. love all your work. have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "fat" list indeed! I'd love to come play in your scrap tubs. :-)

    Adorable pincushion! I've not seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that is a fat list! I hope you get done what you can, but don't overdo. That pin cushion is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined the pincushion parade too...what fun! Your chicken is adorable. I am impressed at the list making idea, I bet it helps to keep you accountable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute little chickie pincushion. I want to make one! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, your pincushion is a fun detail at any sewing studio. I love it! . Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list-if only I could stick with my list!
    My word this year is focus. What are you doing for that
    boys quilt! Always looking for boys-foster project quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lister, too!! I find it very helpful, or I become overwhelmed and forget what I need to do! How cute and clever is that little pincushion?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!