What a week it has been, and what a week to come! We closed on our new house last week, and wonder of wonders, it went perfectly smoothly! I've never had that experience before, and let me tell you, it was wonderful. So I think I'll just quit buying houses now, while I'm ahead of the game!
Let's see how last week's list went...
1. Pick a winner for my blogoversary giveaway!
(Coming up next!)
Done, and the package is already winging its way north!
2. Pack, pack, and pack again.
I have packed a bunch, but even more, I shredded through about eleven years of financial records that had accumulated. That took forever, because I kept overheating my shredder....
3. Go to our new house (after Thursday) and pull up the floating vinyl floor to see the much better floor underneath. (Fingers crossed it's in great condition!)
Good news - the flooring looks great!
It still needs a good cleaning but I like it a lot!
My husband was also very happy to move in the first piece of furniture, the desk he made for his new home office!
4. Haul more stuff to the storage unit.
Here's just one load of stuff I took there...
5. Go through the stuff in the attic and decide what to take and what to get rid of.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to this because of all the shredding...
6. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week, with no quilt requests!
This week promises to be just as busy, or maybe busier than last week. Here's what's on my calendar for the next few days...
1. Finish the gift quilt.
2. Take more boxes and stuff to the new house.
3. Meet with movers for estimates.
4. Accept furniture deliveries at the new house.
5. Get internet and TV installed at the new house.
6. Sort through and pack up the attic.
7. Disassemble some of the larger Kallax shelves in my sewing studio so they can be taken downstairs.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Not much quilt-y going on this week, and that makes me sad - but it can't be helped. For the next two weeks, moving is going to have to take precedence. You can see what's on my schedule for this week, and the carpet installers are coming on the 29th. After that we can start moving boxes and small furniture in earnest, with the movers hopefully coming on February 4th to get the last of everything. Then maybe I can get back to quilting!
But I will be having some fun this week, too - Monday is a holiday for my grandkids, so we will be going to see the new movie "Dolittle"! I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with them - we all love to go to the movies!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?