And so it begins - the Christmas season is officially under way! Turkey day is over, the decorating has begun - and I refuse to think about how many days are left until Christmas! I just put my nose to the grindstone and keep working on my long list of projects....
So let's see how last week's list went...
1. Make a window seat cushion for a friend.
Done! But of course, I forgot to take a picture of it. Let's just say it looked really great in her window seat!
2. Start another commission quilt for a friend.
Started and finished! I love the way this turned out. This is the best pic I have - it's been raining here ever since I started working on this one!
3. Make a back for Lilli's quilt.
I did not get to this at all! Bummer...
4. Keep working on the origami butterflies for Emmy's quilt.
I did make a few more of these, and may re-evaluate how many I need to put on the quilt...
5. Piece letter blocks for the back of Nathanael's quilt.
Didn't get to this one either - hopefully Thursday or Friday of this week!
6. Decorate the house for Christmas (after Thanksgiving dinner is over!)
Well, I've started! The Christmas tree is up in the den...
...and I've started with a few things on the mantel, but most of it still needs to be done.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
I guess everyone was too busy to feel sick this week - no requests came in. A quiet week!
I did manage to re-make the back to a friend's quilt - an inexperienced quilter, she made the back too small for the front and I had to make some changes so I could load it on the frame. I think it turned out nicely! You can see the top of the quilt in the list below...
So I pretty seriously overestimated how much I could get done last week, I guess. Thanksgiving consumed all my time! But let's see what's on this week's list...
1. Quilt a friend's top - a year old UFO that was supposed to be a Christmas gift last year! We're going to make sure it gets to its new home this year... Isn't it pretty?
2. Sew up Nathanael's Christmas stocking. I found the cross-stitched front on my sewing table when I cleaned up the other day, and realized that I still needed to get it finished!
3. Quilt two quilts for the quilt ministry.
4. Pick up some donations for the quilt ministry.
5. Piece alphabet blocks for Nathanael's quilt.
6. Assemble the back for Lilli's quilt.
7. Assemble the back for Emmy's quilt.
8. Finish decorating the house for Christmas - we have two Christmas parties at our house on Saturday!
9. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Another big list, but if I can get all this done I will be one happy camper!! Hopefully I can get the first two done tomorrow, the third and 4th on Wednesday, and 5, 6, and 7 on Thursday and Friday while some friends come and use my long arm. I'll be working on decorating the house in between things all week, I'm sure.
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?