Where did last week go? It seems like it just flew by. I spent a good bit of time with Emmy, because my daughter reminded me that it would be her last week before she starts daily preschool! Oh my - where did THAT time go? I mean, wouldn't you want to spend as much time as possible with this face?
|One of a series of selfies taken by Emmy herself!|
So I didn't get as much done last week as I expected - but let's see just what did get done...
1. Finish the commission quilt top, and quilt it if the backing fabric arrives in time.
Done! I love the way this little quilt came out - I'll be sharing more pictures after the recipient's birthday!
2. Make a pillow top as an upcoming blog hop sample.
Done! Come back Friday to see more about the book I'll be reviewing... (and there's a giveaway!)
3. Order the fabric for Emmy's quilt.
Done! And it arrived today. One really cool thing about this fabric - it's a Hawthorne Threads exclusive, and they had the fat quarter bundle printed on the fabric, so they only have to cut a piece of yardage for you to receive all the fat quarters in a color way. Isn't that smart?
4. Clean up the guest room so it's ready for two little girls to stay with Nana and Papa while their parents are in China (soon soon soon!)
I did not get to this one yet - good thing they're not going this week! But I've still got a little bit of time on this, so no worries.
5. Assemble two coat racks we bought at IKEA.
Done! Here's a pic of one of them, sitting in a spot where we've needed a coat rack for a long time!
6. Set up an office space for my husband to use at home (since I stole his man cave when I got my long arm!)
I didn't get to this one yet - but it's on my schedule for this week!
7. Finish a beautiful antique crazy quilt for a photographer friend of mine.
I haven't finished this one yet, because I still need to get some supplies for the repair.
8. Quilt at least one quilt for the ministry.
Done! Here's a pic between washer and dryer, the best I can do right now. But this quilt was amazing to quilt - so many tiny seams, appliqués and places where seams met, but it quilted like a single layer of fabric! I'll share more pictures of this quilt later.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Done! This quilt went to a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer for the third time...
This one is now comforting a gentleman who went in for a heart bypass, but the surgery could not be completed because of scar tissue from previous surgeries...
This quilt went all the way to Boston, to a woman who had a recurrence of cancer after seventeen years...
and this one went to a 15 year old girl in Europe who was diagnosed with bilateral kidney cancer.
In other crafty things completed this week, I also made this cute skirt for Emmy for her third birthday...
Now I've just got to find a shirt to go with it!
So, I got to some of the things on last week's list, but missed out on a few. I've got a bit more time this week, because it's spring break and the girls are spending some extra time with mom and dad, so here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Clean up the guest room so it's ready for the girls to stay when their parents go to get Nathanael.
2. Set up a home office space for my hubby.
3. Write the book review blogpost.
4. Write the "Meet The Sponsors" H2H blogpost. (This one always takes a bit of time to pull together...)
5. Cut out Emmy's bed quilt.
6. Finish two orphan block flimsies for the quilt ministry.
7. Repair the antique crazy quilt for my friend.
8. Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.
Hopefully I'll be able to get to all of this - it's a lot, but there's always more that can be done if I manage to finish this stuff! Not enough hours in the day....
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?