Friday, March 27, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Finally Finished... And Another Start!


Hi, all!

It's Friday again, and spring has fled from Middle Tennessee - but it's still time to get our whoop whoop on! Are you ready?  

I'm sure you feel like you've seen this quilt in progress forever... but I'm so happy to say it's finally finished!


The pattern is To The Point by Cluck Cluck Sew.  


The fabrics are a mix of Cotton & Steel, Doe, some Connecting Threads basics, and Kona snow for the background.  My daughter hand picked each fabric for this quilt!


It has scrappy binding made up of the leftover bits of fabric from the triangles.


The backing is another Kona fabric, I think indigo, but I can't swear to that, along with some leftover half rectangle triangle blocks from the front.  The quilting, done with white Glide, really shows up nicely on the back!  I did straight line quilting 1/4 inch inside the white triangles on my tabletop machine, then loaded it onto the quilt frame to do the random meander on all the white triangles.  The borders are also straight line quilted, forming a grid in each corner.


And here it is in place on Nathanael's bed!  The time is getting close for him to come home - the Article 5 letter, which was the last document needed by the Chinese government before issuing the travel approval, was delivered to them Thursday morning!  So we should know for sure when they will be going sometime in the next two weeks....

And another work in progress this week...


This pretty top!  Next week I should be able to show it to you completely finished.  I can't wait!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!  

What have you been working on this week?

What's got you dancing the happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - don't forget to stop by on Sunday and link up your favorite quilting tip, quilt tutorial, or yummy recipe! I just found a great new tip I can't wait to share!

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sarah on your finished quilt. the colors are great and it looks wonderful on the bed! have a nice week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous. Triangles always a hit and the colour combinations are great, as well as the wonderful quilting that sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Half-Rectangle Triangle quilt is just gorgeous. So many of us struggle when it comes to mixing fabric lines and your daughter did it so beautifully. Beautifully quilted too...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news, just two weeks! I'm looking forward to the announcement that he's here. The quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the family must all be so excited to get this little boy home - what an adjustment for everyone. How old will Nathaniel be when he arrives?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a warm welcome indeed!! (I've never used Glide thread yet...and will have to try it)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the quilting. It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the triangles, but the quilting on the back is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nathanael's quilt is precious! I'm looking forward to seeing your HST quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very special and presious quilt. Beautiful job on the quilting. Can't wait to see what you do with the HST quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful quilt, Sarah. He's going to love it. So bright and welcoming. I see another in the bottom right corner. ??

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful quilt! I'm excited for you as you gain another little one into the family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The back is as pretty as the front!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely get a whoop whoop! Congratulations!!! The quilt looks fabulous on the bed, and I hope he comes to his new home and feels the love surrounding him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoop, Whoop! Now that is an awesome finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful quilts and I love what you can do with HST! I need to be better at using solids though, as I am addicted to prints just awy too much! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoop! Whoop!
    You should get a WW just for keeping up this linky party. It's a great way to reach a bunch of other quilty bloggers. I love the view of projects that I haven't seen amongst the peeps I don't follow. Of course, over time most the these are peeps I do follow. That'll happen. Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into this blog.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarah...... yes!!!! you can get a whoop whoop :)
    Your work is amazing. Love your fabrics and how you combine the colors. This is a beautiful quilt!!!!
    Thanks for hosting and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely get a Whoop Whoop and so much more! Your daughter chose some gorgeous fabrics and you worked magic.

    Safe travels to Nathaniel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great finish! I need your daughter to pick out some fabrics for me. They look so fresh and cheery together. And I love the quilting, the two of you work really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a beautiful quilt! Great pattern, such wonderful bright fabrics, awesome quilting, imaginative back! But most importantly, lots of love and anticipation has gone into its making, and I wish all of you all the best in welcoming Nathanall home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That came together great! Love the colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoo hoo is right. I can't wait to hear that they are finally on that plane on their way to bring him home.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!