Welcome to Make-A-List, the Tuesday version! Unfortunately, I fell asleep last night while writing this post, so it just had to wait until this morning to be finished and posted. Springtime is so tiring! All those cleaning urges... it's hard work to resist them!!
Let's see how last week's list went...
1. Finish preparing for and host the bunco night fundraiser.
Done! It went well, and I'm happy to say that it should be the last fundraiser we have to do. It's getting very close to time to go get that little boy!
2. Spray baste and quilt Nathanael's quilt.
Not only basted and quilted, but completely finished and on his bed! Isn't it gorgeous? More pics on Friday...
3. Order fabric for Emmy's new bed quilt.
I haven't managed to do this yet - some problems working out the fabric requirements for what my daughter wants - but hopefully this week!
4. Start cutting out the commission quilt.
Not only cut out, but the center is sewn together!
5. Contact all the folks who signed up for H2H.
Done - whew!!! By the way, if you're reading this and you haven't sent me your address yet, please drop me at line at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!! And there's still time to join in the fun, for those of you who have been sitting on the side of the pool trying to decide if you want to get your feet wet this year.... ;-)
6. ........... taxes................. ;-(
Done! Since I was late with this post anyway, I decided to do them this morning so I could mark this as completed!! Woohoo!!!
7. Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.
Done! Here are the quilts we gave away this week...
This quilt went to a gentleman undergoing some major health issues....
This quilt went to a high school student who suffered a brain bleed and is presently in a coma in the hospital...
This quilt went to a gentleman who was just diagnosed with colon cancer...
This quilt went to a woman who had her leg amputated...
This quilt went to a wheelchair-bound woman who was just diagnosed with cancer and will be at a local hospital for quite a while for treatment...
And this quilt went to a young woman who just had her third brain surgery in a month.
Whew! Busy week!
OK, so not too bad - especially since I held my week over until Tuesday morning! (So glad those taxes are out of the way for another year!) Let's see what's on tap for this week...
1. Finish the commission quilt top, and quilt it if the backing fabric arrives in time.
2. Make a pillow top as an upcoming blog hop sample.
3. Order the fabric for Emmy's quilt.
4. Clean up the guest room so it's ready for two little girls to stay with Nana and Papa while their parents are in China (soon soon soon!)
5. Assemble two coat racks we bought at IKEA.
6. Set up an office space for my husband to use at home (since I stole his man cave when I got my long arm!)
7. Finish a beautiful antique crazy quilt for a photographer friend of mine.
8. Quilt at least one quilt for the ministry.
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that arise.
Wow, that's really a mixed bag! Plenty to keep me busy, though...
And just to keep it real, I want to share a "fail" that happened this week...
I started with this pretty block - nice straight edges, right?
But after quilting - not so straight! So disappointing - but I'll just turn it into a pillow for my own sofa and pretend I don't see it! And it's back to the drawing board for this project.....
OK! So now, the question is... what are YOU working on this week?