Monday, March 9, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - The First Sign of Spring!

Hi, all!

We've finally passed the first harbinger of spring - Daylight Savings Time!  Especially since they moved it up earlier in the year, it's been the first reliable indication that spring was truly upon us.   Of course, it likes to mess with my mind, too!  I was out running errands today after the little girls left, and when I finished, I looked at the clock in the car and thought, "Oh how nice - I finished quickly! I can go sew now!"  Of course, then I looked at my phone and realized it was an hour later, and time to start supper...  It always takes a few days to get used to the change, but it is good to know that spring is finally on its way!  I saw daffodils blooming in my yard today, too - hooray!

However, we did have two snow days last week, when we got about four inches of really beautiful snow.  It pretty much shut the city down, though, because it came after a day of driving rain which made it impossible for them to salt the roads.  (And it made me reschedule the bunco fundraiser to a week and a half later...)  So, two extra days for sewing!  Let's see how I did on last week's list...

1.  Quilt the final Sweet Sixteen quilt.
Done!  And I really like the quilting on this one...


2.  Write the tutorial for that quilt.
Done!  You can see it here...

3.  Make four zipper bags for bunco prizes.
A little more than half done - I've finished two and done about half the sewing on the other two. They should be finished tomorrow morning...


4.  Contact potential H2H sponsors (it's just around the corner! Can you believe it?)
Done!  Now I'm waiting for the responses to start rolling in!  Remember - signups start this coming Sunday, March 15th!

5.  Cut out Nathanael's bed quilt.
Done!  And not only is it cut out, the top is finished!  (Ah, the wonders of a snow day or too!)  Here's a teaser shot - this is a big (at least for me) quilt so it's hard to show the whole thing!



6.  Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.
Done!  We gave this baby quilt to a newborn with heart issues and a possible stomach infection...


...and this quilt went to a gentleman with back problems and prostate cancer.


OK, so not bad.  Now let's see what's on tap for this week...

1.  Start quilting Nathanael's quilt.

2.  Put labels on two auction quilts and get them in the mail.

3.  Mail a box of scraps to my favorite scrap quilter!

4.  Finish the last two zipper cases.

5.  Write up an estimate for a new commission quilt.

6.  Read and review a new quilting book!  
(That's this Thursday - come back for a giveaway!)

7.  Prepare my IKEA shopping list - we're headed there Saturday!

8.  Write the first H2H post - time for signups!!

9.  Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.

Whew!  Looks like it's going to be a busy week.  Oh well - better to be busy than bored!

And by the way - thanks to all of you who helped support my daughter's on-line auction fundraiser - they raised about $3000 dollars!  We're so close to the end - just a few short weeks and Nathanael should be home!!  I can't wait....

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. DAFFODILS ALREADY!!
    We still have big snow drifts around the house. But we did have mud today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to pick up some Ikea Britten Nummer word fabric for backings! It's 60" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lists take my breath away. Take time to enjoy the coming of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilting on your last Sweet 16 quilt. I just got home from a trip to Beijing and finally started more serious work on mine. I think I'll have the quilt top finished today and will be able to post something by Wednesday. Looks like you have a beautiful quilt under way for Nathanael.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More of the same as last week. I didn't get to the Sweet 16 last week. I have to make any appointment with the dining room table in order to iron something that big, and while it is big I'll pin baste it. I'd like to get it done this week. (It's already Tues.) LOL
    Nice boy quilt. Did you ever get enough colored squares for the 100 wishes quilt for him? or did I miss that post while moving?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really loving the colors of Nathanael's bed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheap nike air jordan 4 shoes escape outlet fight over fist, uttered a sneer. grass your nike air jordan 4 retro sale uncle, with I singled out, I was shamelessly skin fathers. outlet back fist, standing cheap nike air jordan 4 shoes outside the cheap one meter says cheap, we two singled out how. Singled out. You hit us a bunch, cheap nike air jordan 4 shoes yes. cheap very arrogant smile, cheap nike air jordan 4 shoes outlet, you air jordan 4 uk will lose badly, do not blame I did not warn you. cheap

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!