I hope you had a great week last week! I know it was a busy one for me - tons of email to answer because of the Country Girl Modern giveaway, and the start of Hands2Help, too! I know you're all excited to see who won a copy of Country Girl Modern, so let's take care of that first thing! We had 2XX entries, and Little Miss Random chose # .... 68!!
Congratulations, Lisa! I'll be contacting you today by email to get your mailing info to send you your copy! And for those of you who didn't win, be sure to get your hands on a copy of this book - it's got some great designs in it!!
Now to see how last week's list went....
1. Start quilting Nathanael's quilt.
Nope! Try as I might, I just ran out of time to get this quilt basted. I'm planning to do some straight line quilting on my tabletop machine, then transfer it to the long arm to do some meandering. Hopefully this week!
2. Put labels on two auction quilts and get them in the mail.
Done! I hope she likes the labels... they were fun to make!
3. Mail a box of scraps to my favorite scrap quilter!
Done! It was a big box, too - the post office may take away my flat rate box privileges!
4. Finish the last two zipper cases.
Done! These cases are so cute, and so easy - I love making them!
5. Write up an estimate for a new commission quilt.
Done - and not just one, but two! I've heard back about one, but not the other yet. Looks like it's going to be a busy spring!
6. Read and review a new quilting book!
(That's this Thursday - come back for a giveaway!)
Done! And as I said, if you are looking for a new quilting book, this is a really good one!
7. Prepare my IKEA shopping list - we're headed there Saturday!
Done! But it was a bit disappointing - they had almost no quilting weight fabric this time! I did find a couple of pieces, but nothing like I've found on other trips. On a happier note, though, I went to Intown Quilters in Decatur, GA and had a blast!
8. Write the first H2H post - time for signups!!
Done! I hope you'll join us in this, the fifth year of Hands2Help! You can read more about it here! You can sign up this week (through Saturday midnight) to be eligible for the signup giveaway, but you can sign up any time between now and the end of the Challenge (May 31st) and make a quilt for one of the listed charities to be eligible for the final giveaways!
9. Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.
Done! We gave away quite a few quilts this week...
This one went to a 2-year old girl who had brain surgery this week...
And this one went to a young woman who had a bad fall and may have bleeding on the brain.
This quilt went to a woman who had an unexplained seizure and is in the hospital for testing...
|Turn your head and look sideways - I was holding it wrong!|
This one went to a gentleman who had open heart surgery...
And this one is for a new baby boy!!
OK, so not everything got done, but that's as good as it gets! Here's what's coming up this week...
1. Finish preparing for and host the bunco night fundraiser.
2. Spray baste and quilt Nathanael's quilt.
3. Order fabric for Emmy's new bed quilt.
4. Start cutting out the commission quilt.
5. Contact all the folks who signed up for H2H.
6. ........... taxes................. ;-(
7. Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.
I'm keeping it simple this week, mainly because I'm out of time to think of anything else that needs doing! I've got to leave the house in a few minutes for the fundraiser, and really want this post to go up before I leave - because I know people want to know who won the book!
So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?