Friday, December 11, 2020

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Christmas is Just Around the Corner!

 

Hi, all!

Does it seem like Fridays roll around faster as the end of the year approaches?  Today we are two weeks from Christmas, and three weeks from the end of 2020!  Hard to believe, but true.  And with it being Friday, that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on - are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

It's been a busy week around here, but I managed to knock two things off my to-do list, both of which REALLY needed to be finished before Christmas!  First up was this bolster pillow that matches my new Christmas quilt...

I love the way it finishes off the bed - and it used up the last of the postage stamp blocks, too!  Nothing to add to the orphan block tub, which is definitely a win.


And then I finished the pillow covers for my living room sofa!  These were so simple - some red and black buffalo plaid fabric, fusible fleece cut into snowflake shapes, and the perfect backing...


Look at those fabulous birds!  And the colors were absolutely spot on. Canvas weight made this the perfect backing fabric.


Doesn't that look pretty?  I love the little pop of Christmas color it gives the sofa, and by making them as covers, I can take them off and store them away at the end of the season, and the sofa returns to normal.

And my last fun thing for the week is our new time-sucker....


 My husband got these VR (virtual reality) goggles as part of his work, and while I would never have thought to buy a pair on my own, I have to say they are a LOT of fun!  I've found an app that is fun to play, yet gets my heart rate up, improves my eye/hand coordination and concentration, and works the muscles in my arms, back and core, all of which is a win in my book!  

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Your lounge and those cushions, beautiful, and the bolster, I had no idea it would be that wonderful width, what a grand finish for your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow definitely make your living room look Christmasy. Your new Christmas quilt is so beautiful! Simple quilts are really so beautiful, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops a mistake...can you remove the empty photo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillows. Great job! I would like to see more and know about the quilt hanging behind the head of your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new pillows on the couch--just the right touch! Have fun with the VR goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah you are such an enabler. I have a christmas FQ bundle. You just pushed me over the edge to do a king for next christmas. Of course the FQ bundle that I have won't do it so I am on the hunt for another bundle to add to it! Yours in gorgeous and love the bolster pillow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute bolster pillow and sofa pillow covers!!! I'd love to see a full photo of that white porcelain nativity scene. What do you do with VR googles??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time is moving quickly, but the work days are long and the days blend. So thankful when Friday rolls around!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!