Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make-A-List Monday #79! It's only Tuesday because of the storms...


Hi, all!


Well, Monday morning came - and I was ready to do a blogpost - but my internet wasn't!  I think the storms on Sunday night really did a number on my ISP's system...  I waited all day for it to come back up, and I'd get it for about thirty seconds, then it would pop back out again.  So - - - thank heavens for Panera and free Wi-Fi!!


With my hot chocolate in hand and a speedy internet connection, I'm ready to confess how I did on last week's list and share the list for this week!  Here's the rundown on last week...




1.  Quilt the five quilts needed for the ministry.
Done!  I not only got five of them quilted, all are bound 
and one has been delivered!  I'll show pics of all five 
finished in tomorrow's Sweatshop post, but here's a recap
of what I worked on...



2.  Piece the flying geese top.
Partially done.  I've got about half the flying geese pieced,
and I'm working on squaring them up.  Hopefully I'll
get this top finished today!

3.  Put together kits for quilt ministry members.
Done!  I put together seven kits before last Wednesday
night's meeting so that new members would
have a project to work on.  Sorry I don't have a
pic, but I forgot to take one before coming to Panera!

So that was last week.  Not too bad!  I wish I'd gotten the piecing done, but I'm really glad I finished up those five quilts - they've already got homes waiting for them so I can deliver them all this week.  Here's the list for this week...

1.  Finish piecing the flying geese top.

2.  Quilt at least two more quilts for the ministry.

3.  Cut down more scraps.

4.  Try to dig through and store the fabric in piles in my studio!  (Find the chair again!!)

Well, I should be able to get through that, and maybe a little more! Here's hoping, anyway!  My quilting time's a little limited this week because I'm picking up Lilli after school all week so I just have to get going a bit earlier to get everything done!

And because this post is a little picture-poor, here's a shot I took of Lillibug yesterday -  can you tell she really didn't want her picture taken?  



And be sure to tune in tomorrow for the Sweatshop update - 
I've got a challenge for you, with prizes!!  
I'm really excited about this and hope you will be too!

So - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah


PS - If you commented in the last few days and I haven't responded, it's not because I don't want to - I haven't been able to get on the Internet long enough to respond to my emails and they are stacking up!  But I hope to get back to all of you soon.....  Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! Looks like I'm able to leave comments again. Good job on getting the 5 quilts quilted! Good luck with the piecing and finding the chair. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the five quilts done! This week, I would like to finally get Hokule'a finished and in the mail, hand quilting finished on a small wall hanging, decide on how to quilt the Mexican Stars wall hanging, and make another couple of wonky houses. Oh, and finish the doll quilt for Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the quilting - just super, and so lovely they are heading to new homes. I have all my monthly obligations, challenges and what-nots done - maybe I'll get some house work caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the quilting of those quilts. Very impressive.
    I have been sick so working on hand work and knitting - nothing super fun but it keeps me down and busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! You have really accomplished a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already had me dropping my jaw at #1, 5 quilts quilted and bound. Way to go on another productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The constant stream of photographers and autograph seekers can be tough on a princess.
    You got an amazing amount of work done this week. It must feel wonderful to be able to distribute so many quilty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah,

    I just found your blog thanks to Jo's Country Junction. I love Make-a-List Monday. I started a blog just recently and I am always looking for things to write about. I would love to steal your Make-a List Monday idea if that is ok. I think it would be very informative and also very inspiring for me to "get 'er done."

    Sharyn Hutchinson
    http://sharynhutch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!