Monday, January 30, 2012

Make-A-List Monday #80! A Quilting Fool....


Hi, all!


Well, it's Monday, the sun is shining, and the Internet is cooperating!  Woohoo!!!  I had a good week last week - so much quilting that my husband called me a quilting fool!!   But that's ok - I can think of worse things to be called!  


So here's how I did on last week's list....



1.  Finish piecing the flying geese top.
Done!  And not only pieced, but quilted!  Here's a sneak peek - I'll show the finished version on Wednesday in the ministry update...



2.  Quilt at least two more quilts for the ministry.
Done!  These three were quilted this week, 
and one was completely finished and delivered...



3.  Cut down more scraps.
I did a little bit on this, but not nearly enough!

4.  Try to dig through and store the fabric in piles in my studio!  (Find the chair again!!)

This is the view from my sofa seat - I think I see 
the chair under there, but it's still buried!!  
I think we can call this a fail....  ;-)

So that's how I did last week.  Not perfect, but pretty good considering how many quilt requests came in!  Here's my plan for this week...

1.  Finish hand-stitching the bindings on 
two of the quilts from last week.

2.  Add borders to a donated pieced top for a ministry quilt.

3.  Quilt that finished top.

4.  Make another chevron quilt for the quilt ministry.

5.  Find that chair!!

I think that's enough to keep me busy for the week!!

And now, I've got something I hope you'll put on your to-do list for the week!  I hope you saw my post last Wednesday (but if not, you can see it here) and will join in a scrappy block challenge!  Just one  block - quick and easy - to be finished and posted at a linky party on February 8th!  You can see all the guidelines on the post linked above, and I hope you'll join in!  There are GIVEAWAYS!!  Woohoo!!

So tell me - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I am in the process of making baby quilts ~ two teachers and the principal at my boys' school are pregnant! I'm making the top where you sew a charm square on top of a layer cake square and, voila! a quilt block! They will all be made from batiks but all will look different and unisex. Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha HA - I have a missing chair right now too! So today and tomorrow are house cleaning days. I may sneak in a little house block or two. We finally got a little snow - just enough to take the broom and sweep the sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, you have a plate full as well as a chair full! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping to do more work on cutting scraps, but my hubby decided to share his head cold with me....so I'm resting and napping. I also need to get ready for weekend guests...all will get done in time I'm sure.

    Happy quilting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the chair!!! Not a complete fail, but man I want to go play in all those yummy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan on finishing my current quilt top, then get to all the things I have put aside to work on this one. That includes your challenge block. I already have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome amount you've accomplished there this week! Congratulations. Me - not so much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three out of fours not bad. Good luck on your list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am missing a futon and a sewing table. I know they've got to be here somewhere...

    Four quilts quilted is nothing to sneeze at! And I will have you know that I worked on my scrappy challenge block yesterday and today. It's probably not original, but I was inspired yesterday by, of all things, a chocolate bar wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautifully productive week!

    I'm working on a baby quilt. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to make few more hexies flowers for my GFG quilt. And, sewing the makeup pouch or pencil case for my sister!
    I saw the chair.. It's white color right??

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!