I hope you've had a fabulous Labor Day weekend - it's been an exciting one around here, as we've been watching the numbers coming in related to the movie War Room. As part of his job, my husband has been very involved with this movie (he even has a teeny-tiny part in it!) and in case you haven't heard, it is the number one movie in the country for the Labor Day weekend! Woohoo!! Lots of happy dances have been happening around here!
So now, let's see how last week's list went...
1. Make a back for the "What's On The Bookshelf Wednesday" quilt.
2. Quilt and bind the WOTBW quilt.
Done and done! Come back this Wednesday to hear about a great new book and see the front of this quilt!
3. Write up the "secret for now" pattern.
Done! More about this one on September 18th!
4. Pack up and mail the One Million Pageviews giveaway items.
Done and hopefully received!
5. Quilt a friend's vintage quilt top.
Done! Isn't this a beautiful feedback quilt?
6. Quilt my niece's quilt top.
Partially done - but Jolene ate a piece of thread she shouldn't have, and I had to do some (hair raising) surgery today! I finally got the piece of thread out, but the timing still isn't right. I've got a good friend coming to help me fix it on Friday, thankfully! But here's a pic of what I'm doing on my niece's quilt...
7. Pull together all the parts needed for the quilt racks for the September 19th quilt show.
I was supposed to be working on that today, but instead I was doing major long arm surgery (see #6 above...)
8. If the fabric arrives, start cutting out the "secret for now" quilt.
The fabric has arrived, and I've pressed it. I plan to start cutting bright and early tomorrow morning!
9. Order solids for Emmy's and Nathanael's annual quilts.
Done! Hancock's of Paducah had a great sale, so I got them for a very good price. I can't wait to start working on them!
10. Pull fabrics for Lilli's annual quilt.
As much as I wish I had, I haven't gotten to this one yet. Bummer!
11. Work on Nathanael's hospital.
I did get to do a little bit on this last night!
12. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We gave away several this week...
This quilt went to a 7-year old girl who had surgery for a tumor on her spine...
This one went to a baby born prematurely with many medical issues. She isn't expected to live long...
...and so this quilt went to her parents in hopes that it will provide them some comfort in the hospital and after they return home.
This quilt went to a man who has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
So that's the result of last week's list. Not completely done, but I didn't hold out much hope for that because it was so long. And I added an extra quilt and a major long arm repair job to the list mid-week! So I'm happy. Here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Piece the "secret for now" quilt.
2. Purchase the parts for and assemble the quilt racks for the September 19th quilt show.
3. Fix Jolene's timing.
4. Finish my niece's quilt.
5. Pull fabrics for Lilli's annual quilt.
6. Work on Nathanael's stocking.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
That's plenty to keep me busy this week, when combined with a couple of mornings with the littles and two mornings sewing at church with the ministry members! Looks like I really need to hit it hard tomorrow...
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?