Friday, August 18, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Twin Quilts for Twin Girls!

Hi, all!

It's finally Friday again, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!!  Are you ready?  Just a reminder, it doesn't have to be a finish (although finishes are good!)  It can just be something you're proud of accomplishing this week - making progress on a project, or even bringing some order to your sewing space!  So find something to whoop about and let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


This is my beautiful niece Ashley.  That baby bump she's showing off is twin girls, due sometime the last half of September!  Of course, when I found out we had twin girls coming, I went into quilt-y overdrive....


...and created a pair of twin quilts!  


I used the "Sparkle Plenty" pattern from Connecting Threads to create these two quilts.  The stars themselves are made using prints from the Tiger Lily collection by Heather Ross (don't you just love her whimsical prints?) and the backgrounds are two different Kona solids.  The binding on each matches that quilt's Kona color, with a bit of the sister quilt's background color added in for fun.  


I love the backing fabric I found at Joann's!  I originally went looking for a sweet simple baby print - something light and airy.  Couldn't find what I was looking for in the baby section, so I went over to look at some of the other quilting fabric.  When I spotted this print, I knew immediately it was perfect!  All the colors coordinated with the prints in the quilt, and it's fun but a little bit sophisticated, too.


I'm so happy I finished these before the arrival of two sweet little girls - and I can't wait to see pictures of them with their quilts!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you...

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah




SaveSave

23 comments:

  1. Congrats to your niece. Growing up having a twin sister was fun. Gotta love twins. The quilts are adorable. Heirlooms for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twin quilts are so cute! Congrats on the double arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely twin quilts for the expected twin arrivals. When I was a child I had a beautiful Silver Cross coach built dolls pram, my younger sister had a twin version. When we grew up I had an almost identical pram for my children and my sister had, a twin version, in another colour. I wish I still had those prams now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two 'twin' quilts are gorgeous. Love the star pattern and how the print 'peeks' out from the solid background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your niece! The quilts turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the twin quilts hope all goes well for your niece

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your niece, that's very special :)
    The quilts are beautiful and I like the color difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable quilts with the Heather Ross prints for the two special baby girls who will be arriving soon--you are a great aunt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous twin quilts! They will be so adorable and I can just see them in the nursery. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twin baby quilts are wonderful! Good job! Congrats to the parents to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilts are lovely. Love the pops of light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Momma is beautiful, the quilts are adorable, but that Pig, that Pig is Fabulous!!! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only think I like more than seeing baby bumps is petting them, lol, hope that doesn't sound too psycho! LOVE LOVE those two quilts Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing those twin quilts for twin girls. Hope all goes well for mommy. She's going to have her hands full pretty soon. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your twins quilts are beautiful! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful. Hope you get to have lots of baby snuggles when the girls arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You definitely get a Whoop! Whoop! The quilts are adorable! I think the backing fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. quilts look great the new Mum to be must be getting excited about their arrival

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, congrats on getting twins in the family! Your niece and the whole family are so blessed!!!! BTW, great job on the quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful quilts for beautiful babies.
    Really, the colors are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this pattern! Beautiful fabrics as well! Do you mind me asking how large these quilts are? Celebrating two great finishes with you and you'll have such fun giving them to her!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!