Monday, January 24, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #31! Lots of Catching Up to Do!

Hi, all!

How was your week last week?  Did you get a lot done?  Mine was a mixed bag - I got a lot done, but not a lot of the things on my list from last week.  So let's see how it went....


Last week's list:



1.  Finish the second ministry quilt (the one that's half pieced).
I finished piecing the top, pieced a back, and have it half-mounted on the quilting frame. So not quite finished, but a good way there!



2.  Start on ministry quilts #3 and #4 (using the blocks from Saturday).
Ministry quilt #3 top is pieced, so is the back, and it goes on the frame as soon as I finish quilting the second one!




3.  Choose a pattern for ministry quilt #5.
I have the fabrics picked, and I think I know what pattern I want to use - but something tells me that there may be a better idea.  So while I've still got others to finish, I'm letting it percolate a little!

4.  Set up and test drive the quilting frame!!
WOOHOO!  YIPEE!  WHOOP WHOOP!!  I finally did this!!  It took longer than I thought it would, (most of Thursday and almost all of Friday!) but it's done, and I didn't have any problems on my test fabric (except for forgetting to put the presser foot down the first time!  That does NOT work well at all!)






In addition to all the things I got done (or didn't get done!), I set up a linky party for Fridays, created a button for the linky with a lot of help from some friends, and worked on one of my UFOs!

So - - - what is on my list for next week?

4.  Finish piecing the flimsy for my Christmas Trip Around The World quilt.

I think that's enough to keep me busy for the week, don't you?

So what are you working on this week?

Later!

Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really like the second quilt ministry quilt! so pretty! Don't have much planned this week myself besides school. Yeah...lol. You sound like you're going to have way more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soooo funny but I am making the same quilt as picture #1 only with Blush. Fun quilt so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting going with the frame. Was it scary? I always procrastinate with big steps like this. Do you have to hold that black switch while you quilt? Mine is attached to the quiding handle with some velcro so there's no cord hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you -- soooooo, how do you like the new machine? I can't wait to see how the quilting. I quilted all weekend -- my shoulders are killing me and I am green with envy. After just getting home from work, I think I will go piece for a while and relax. AND, thank you so much for the highlight yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your frame is working out. I would feel a little intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlie, I'm impressed with all you manage to get done. I am trying to get my next block prepared so I can work on it while we travel in the car from show to show these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!