Monday, January 31, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #32!

Hi, all!

We had a wonderful gift this weekend - it was 66, sunny and gorgeous on Saturday, and 65, mostly sunny and gorgeous on Sunday!  After the winter we've had so far, it was so nice to be able to step outside without a coat and just enjoy the weather!!

I did get a lot done this week, too - so let's get to the recap!  Here's last week's list....



This one is done - quilted, bound, and delivered.  I named it "Tropical Breezes".  
(That sounds funny, with its picture taken in the snow!)


Done!  This quilt is also quilted, bound and delivered.  
I named it "The Shirt Off My Back" because it was made from 
shirt fabric samples from the 1960's.



Here's some detail on the blocks - pieced together by the ladies in our quilt ministry 
at our January meeting.


And here's how I covered up an "oops" moment - when I found a 
raw edge while quilting on the quilting frame!  (It's the recipient's initials!)
Done!  The top and back are finished and ready to be quilted.
It needs a name - any ideas?


4.  Finish piecing the flimsy for my Christmas Trip Around The World quilt.
Done!  And I've named this quilt "Noel".  I am so happy with the way this came out, 
and can't wait to quilt it!  But ministry quilts come first....



So now, what's up for this week?

1.  Finish piecing another ministry quilt.

2.  Quilt last week's unnamed ministry quilt.

3.  Piece backs for two donated quilt flimsies.

4.  Assemble a set of donated Double Irish Chain blocks into a flimsy.

5.  Put binding on a donated quilt.

I think that's enough for the week - probably more than I can get done, but it's a good goal!  A friend from church brought me some goodies last Saturday - one quilt finished except for binding, two flimsies ready to be quilted, a set of Irish chain pieced blocks, a completed baby quilt, and an enormous box of cut 5" squares!  Woohoo!!  But now I need to get on the ball and put it all to good use!  I'm getting quite a stack of flimsies that need to be quilted - so as soon as I finish piecing the top I'm working on right now, I'll be moving the Juki back to the quilting frame to get to work on them!!

So - - - - what are you working on this week???

Later!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good week. Love your Noel quilt. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy, busy, busy! YOu sure get a lot DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a raw edge once and had to use some no sew glue, but you know I never did find that place where I did glue it since then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a good week last week and another one coming up, I'm sure. Is your Juki heavy? My Pfaff is about 40 lbs and it's quite annoying to move it back and forth from the sewing table to the frame. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get so much done, I'm ashamed to say what I'm working on this week - just a baby quilt for a friend and a bag for my sister. You've motivated me to get them done, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used you used applique to cover a mistake. I do the same thing. Great minds think alike, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the "shirt off my back" quilt turned out! That quilting Saturday was so much fun. Let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!