Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sharing the Bloggy Love....

Hi, all!


It was an award-filled week last week for me - imagine my surprise when I opened my e-mail to find a message from Staci, who blogs at The Confused Quilter, saying that she had given me the Stylish Blogger Award!  How sweet, and very humbling.....



I'm fairly new to blogging, and really just stumbling around in the dark here, so it came as a big surprise!  But it certainly made me smile!!

There are a two rules for this award; one is that I have to share 8 things about myself, and the second, is pass the award to 8 other blogs.  Wow!  Both Rules are rather tough!  I'll start with the second, although it's really hard to narrow it down to eight blogs.  I've tried to choose some that might not be so familiar to you....

8 Bloggers and blogs that you really ought to check out!




Christina at A Few Scraps
Angela at Cut To Pieces
Georgia at Stitchlings
Traceyjay at Traceyjay Quilts
Shannon at Monkeydog Quilts



8 Things about Me:

    1.  I used to help my dad restore old airplanes.

    2.  I was the only girl in the first aeronautics class my high school offered - and pretty quickly became very popular, as I was the only one who passed the first test!

    3.  Before last year, I was VERY finish challenged!

    4.  I never quilted seriously until 2010.

    5.  I made 41 quilts last year, but only have one quilt that I made in my home (a fact I'm hoping to change that this year!)

    6. My grandmother, who taught me to sew, also made sure that I knew how to knit, crochet, and embroider, but I never saw her make a quilt and she didn't teach me how to quilt.

    7.  Not really about me, but interesting - my grandmother's father was 73 when she was born and fathered three children after her!   Great-granddaddy was a pistol!

    8.  I come from an old southern family and we really prefer the phrase "southern eccentric" to "weird" or "crazy"!!

    WHEW!  Glad that's over with - it's always hard to think of interesting things to say about yourself!!






    And then, after reading Staci's e-mail, I opened one from Cindy at Rose Room Quilts, and read that she was nominating me for the Liebster Award!  The Liebster Award is given to blogs with less than 300 followers and every award recipient then nominates 3 more award winners....



    So here are my nominations...

    Emily over at Em's Scrap Bag.  Emily is so good at scrappy quilts, and she always has such lovely eye candy on her blog!!

    Helen over at Patchy Work of Mini Grey.  Helen does the most fabulous applique
     and free motion quilting!  You will be amazed!

    Miranda over at Miranda & Charlie.  I first met Miranda when she guest-posted 
    at Stash Manicure - she's a new, young quilter with an outstanding sense of design.  
    This is a blog you'll want to keep your eye on - I think she's going to do great things!



    Here are the rules:
    1) Tell your readers who tagged you.
    2) Add a link to their blog.
    3) Award 3-5 bloggers who you think deserve this award.

    Inform them and post directions to your blogspot. Please don't tag people who already have 300 followers. The goal of this award is to get more publicity to blogs that are good, but not so well known.

    I am extremely appreciative that people find my blog interesting enough to read, much less to give awards to - but it is my pleasure to pass those awards on to others.  I only wish I could pass them on to more of the blogs I read.  Each and every one of you are award worthy!  


    Thanks for all the bloggy love!!


    Later!


    Sarah

    7 comments:

    1. Congratulations! You deserve it. Your blog always makes me smile.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are deserving! You've really taken off in the quilting blog world:) Congratulations!

      I'm curious...how old was your grandmother's mother?

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulations! And, thanks. I'm going to check out the other blogs you listed!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congrats!!! I am going to check out the blogs you have listed there are some I haven't seen.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congrats on the blog awards! I loved reading the 8 things about you, very interesting! I'm off to explore the blogs you've mentioned.

      ReplyDelete
    6. 41? Out of control! you are my hero!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thankyou so much Sarah! I am astonished that anyone at all bothers to read my twaddle, so this is even more amazing! :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!