Saturday, January 8, 2011

Surfin' Saturday - featuring Freckled Whimsy!

Hi, all!

I have discovered recently, while talking to other quilt bloggers, that we each have our own little circle of blogs we love, and lots of times don't know about so many of each other's favorites!  So I thought I might start a regular weekly blogpost to share some of my favorite blogs with you - and so starts "Surfin' Saturdays"!

For my first Surfin' Saturday, I want to introduce you to KarrieLyne, who blogs over at Freckled Whimsy!


I first came across Karrie's blog on a Tidbit Tuesday, when she educated me on the correct way to use a seam ripper!   I've been sewing for 45 years, and never once did I come across this particular method - and it's so simple!  So I've been following her blog ever since, and I've learned so much from it!

Karrie writes the best quilt pattern tutorials I've found.   Five of her quilts have been featured in the Moda Bake Shop, and two of them have been featured on Robert Kaufman's blog, The Swatch & Stitch.  She also has several other quilt tutorials on her blog!  Her designs are always fresh, quick and easy.  Here's a few quilts I've made using her designs....

Made using her "Autumn Strings" tutorial...

From her "Random Reflections" tutorial...


...and finally, from her "Java Stars" tutorial!!

Karrie is the "queen bee" of Bee Splendid.  If you've never joined a virtual quilting bee, I highly recommend it - it's a great way to learn new skills and make new friends!  So far I've learned how to make Drunk Love blocks, string blocks and wonky house blocks - things I'd never tried before.  You might have to do something outside your comfort zone, but it's really a lot of fun!!

And my absolute favorite post on Karrie's blog?  It was this one -  a wonderful Process Pledge post, showing how she made this great pillow cover....


One of the great things in her post was her admission that she made this mistake....


.... but she can still laugh at it!  But the reason this is my favorite post?  That pillow now lives at my house!!

So hop over and check out Freckled Whimsy - I think you'll love it as much as I do!!

By the way - do you have a favorite blog you'd like to share?  I'd love to know about it!!  

Later!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. Totally blushing over here! ;)

    Thank you Sarah for your sweet post! My mistake totally made me giggle again..lol!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for your Surfin' Saturday posts! I am already a follower of KarrieLyne. She has some great design ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Sarah. I love KarrieLyne's blog too and have have been following her for ages. I have learnt so much from her blog and she is so inspirational.

    What a great idea to have Surfin Saturdays! I have lots of fav blogs but looking at your blog roll, you have most of my favs anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a neat blog ! are you going to do this every Saturday ? and , do you EVER sleep ?
    I like Freckled Whimsy also ! thanks Karrie !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love KarrieLynne's blog too! That girl's really got it going on!

    Here's a blog I just discovered this week: http://www.stitchedincolor.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!