Sunday, January 23, 2011

Surfin' Sunday - Featuring Baby Boomer Quilting Bee!

Hi, all!

Wow, I really messed up my schedule when I added "Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?" Friday - leaving it open until Saturday evening means that my Surfin' Saturday now needs to become Surfin' Sunday!  So - slight game plan, but here we are with Jamie from Baby Boomer Quilting Bee!

String Card Quilt Trick

Jamie is a very creative and prolific quilter - she posts a design wall Monday feature that allows you to see the progress she is making on her fabulous quilts!  Over several weeks, we saw the lovely quilt above go from being a couple of string blocks to the final finished project - what a beauty!  And be sure to check out her tutorial for making string blocks on paper foundations without all the paper mess!  Genius!!

Here's a quilt that is currently on her design wall - a monochromatic study....


And here's another quilt that is made by one of her own L'Affair patterns - posted free for your use on her blog!  There's even a tutorial for this particular block on her blog.

Kendra's Quilt
She's even been featured on Moda Bake Shop with her "Missy's Fall Garden Quilt" - one that's definitely on my bucket list!!



Jamie's always got great eye candy on her blog, and I'm fascinated by the insights into her process we get to see each week.  Be sure to go check her out!!!

Later!

Sarah

PS:  Be sure to check out the giveaways at Lila Tueller Designs and Freckled Whimsy - awesome stuff!!

2 comments:

  1. I was happy to "meet" Jamie last week when she left a sweet comment. I love that string card trick quilt, and you know I had to go find out about the paper piecing trick! Wow, that's one I'm going to try. Wish I had known about that last year! Thanks for the great introduction on your blog, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following her blog for a few months, I think, and it's great! She's got some beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!